PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

buddyhunter
03-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Buddy Hunter I'm a licensed tattoo artist in the state of Washington, I've been checking out rotary machines lately and am very impressed so far! I did a tattoo lastnight with a rotary machine for the first time. I will try to post a pic, and you can knock it all you want, my client is very happy and I'm even more happy lol... Its a great relief as far as weight compared to the coil machines I have been using over the past ten years (which has caused me carpal tunnel)... The rotary machine is like a pencil, I love it. Solid clean lines, perfect for shading, and it doesnt weigh much so I'm not straining my hand to steady it like with coils. Which allows for me to cut down on how long a tattoo will take, not to mention how happy my client was that he didnt have a loud coil machine buzzin in his ear lol, plus its quality work, I'm like "why didnt I pick one of these up sooner?" hahaha....
Anyways no rockstar here just a father and family man I have been into tattoos since I was young my uncles used to own shops Igrew up around tattooing and have always been into art since I was born.. Hung around alot of shopsaround Northern California before venturing up into the NorthWest where I reside.

I am always trying to learn as much as I can because a true artist never plateaus, he/she always puts his best into every tattoo so every tattoo you do is your BEST! You never know enough and you will never go anywhere far if your heads up your you know what, because its clearly hard to see if thats where your head is stuck! lol no offense. I think its better to be honest and life as a tattoo artist is much better when you do what you love because the love you have for art and tattooing, not because you want to be "the cool guy"! Nobody likes the cool guy!

Anyhow just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know a little (^^^lmao "a little") about myself! Have a good day!

Here is the pic of the rose I tattooed lastnight with the rotary machine, I apologize for the blurry pic it was taken with my phone cam =(

Baldrick
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place for help and advice - without the rockstar attitudes.

Which machine did you use on the rose ?

slicksteel
03-31-2012, 04:32 PM
welcome ! you will find lost of good people on here willing to help!:)

MedusaTattoo
03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
welcome abroad

buddyhunter
03-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Its a wannabe Dragonfly, the guy at the supply shop said its got the japanese motor in it rather than whats in the dragonfly8907

buddyhunter
03-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I eventually want to get something more top of the line but its slow season business is just pickin back up and I'm too broke right now to drop $400+ but it is definitely on me to do list... I have always used coil machines but my boss has a rotary machine he picked up from tatsoul and I'm impressed with the quality of lining and shading and a bit jealous that his time is basically cut in half by using a rotary. I like to take my time and do good detail and with the coil machine I feel bad like if I'm charging by the hour and I'm going too slow. Plus clients hear the coil machine clack on and damn near s@#% their britches lol, one girl was crying before I even did anything hahaha, she just heard the machine and starts ballin all freaked out then I hit the first line and all her friends were laughin at her shes like "oh...is that it?" lol

ckjr
03-31-2012, 11:05 PM
welcome

Magnu
04-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Roman HM tattoomachines
04-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the wonderfull WORLD of rotaries!!
Roman