PDA

View Full Version : "Jack Hammer" Rotary problems

buddyhunter
03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
Is anybody familiar with the "jackhammer" rotary machine? I know its not the greatest but if you have it and know what it is what can be done to fix it into a more solid machine? I did two lines and it wouldnt come back on, tried it later and it ran fine, my thoughts are possibly loose wires inside and also has anyone ever had to tighten all the bolts on a new machine? You know like when you buy a bicycle you usually want to tighten everything yourself

skinmech
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Honestly...It doesn't even make a decent paperweight...If it was a Bicycle I wouldn't ride it, I would get someone else to ride it out of town and dump it....

OwlsDen
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Might be an incompatibility with rotaries in you power supply.

slicksteel
03-31-2012, 05:22 PM
they have poor wiring that need to be re soldered,i rewired the one i had to rca as the 2 clipcord connerctors are stainless(bad for elec flow) and the they are placed to close together for the clipcord resulting in the wires getting loose inside the plastic housing and breaking -,do you have the original high priced one or cheaper one-the cheap ones have junk motors and bad solder jobs.Althoe both are knockoffs of the old swashdrive.

skinmech
03-31-2012, 05:44 PM
,do you have the original high priced one or cheaper one-the cheap ones have junk motors and bad solder jobs.Althoe both are knockoffs of the old swashdrive.

So do you have the Original version of the Copy £40/75USD or the Newer version of the Copy £4/7.50USD, of the Original Swash..Slicksteel is high lightening a Point here.......

elbo
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
throw it in the garbage you dry lunch!

skinmech
03-31-2012, 06:26 PM
What you trying to say elbo, are you suggesting it wouldn't make a poor paperweight, let it out Man, don't keep it in, what are you trying to say.....

Sandalstattoo
04-11-2012, 12:52 PM
i have one of those, got it free when buying some tubes from ebay. i used it a few times to line with and was suprised at how good it put the lines in. I have had 4 or 5 of the same style cheap machines and they were all crap. It must just be a hit or miss with these machines. I would love to be able to take the motor out of it and upgrade it with a maxon or a better motor. i would try flipping the clip cord or convetering it to an rca plug as sometimes the clip cord posts suck on them.

elbo
04-11-2012, 01:19 PM
What you trying to say elbo, are you suggesting it wouldn't make a poor paperweight, let it out Man, don't keep it in, what are you trying to say.....
That its shite!