PDA

View Full Version : bishop getting hot

jesoner79
04-03-2012, 06:09 PM
ok this is THE machine i have wanted since i started using them i used it for b&g and it was perfect but i noticed it was getting hot and today i used it for color and it got so hot i decided to stop using it now im worried about blowing the motor and ive read on here that it is normal for it to get warm but im not sure i dont really see y this would b the only rotary to have a break in process

Administrator
04-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Check that your glide is lubed and that it is smooth on the sides.

skinmech
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Yep strip it down and get it Lubed, make sure the "Glide" is seated "true"...also, I would check the stay-up Spring, run it in again without it...Makes a difference..Pm Me, if ya need a Service Guide, took a while, but I managed to track one down,LOL....

jesoner79
04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
its lubed and running properly i even tried to not bend the needle but it just makes it bounce around so i have to bend it

inkinwi
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Mine was getting hot as well. Franco told me the guy that was doing the backplates farmed out the work to his kid and some of the diodes were done wrong, causing the machine to heat up and run erratic. My motor actually crapped out on me, I assume due to this issue. When I spoke to Franco on the phone he told me a lot of hurdles he had when Bishop launched, the man had some trials and tribulations. I ended up removing the burned out diode and changed the motor out, I plan on getting the upgrade from Franco shortly. Long story short, your machine may have the same issue as mine had, PM Franco he may be able to help. Hes busy so it may take him some time to get back to you but hes a stand up guy

Gabetexas
04-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Send it back in to him, The $60 upgrade is well worth it, and they will also check out everything else that is wrong with it.

tatu richie
04-07-2012, 09:59 PM
keep it in the fridge till u need it Jimmee? thats an option my friend