PDA

View Full Version : Initial Use of Inkjecta

graveghoul
04-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi again guys and girls.
I just got my Inkjecta in and upon initial use, am i supposed to lube it? It sounds a bit stiff, or maybe thats just how a rotary is supposed to sound? I uploaded a vid to my FB just to get yalls opinion on sound. I currently have this power supply. http://www.camtattoo.com/mmCAM/Images/PU17B-450.jpg
Any recommendations on power supplies (in the USA) rather than this one?

fkirons
04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi again guys and girls.
I just got my Inkjecta in and upon initial use, am i supposed to lube it? It sounds a bit stiff, or maybe thats just how a rotary is supposed to sound? I uploaded a vid to my FB just to get yalls opinion on sound. I currently have this power supply. http://www.camtattoo.com/mmCAM/Images/PU17B-450.jpg
Any recommendations on power supplies (in the USA) rather than this one?

Those PS have low amperage they will make most rotaries/ coils run like crap or not run at all.
Go with Critical or Eikon we have all the models in stock. Check out the link if you like http://www.fkirons.com/shop/power-supplies

jboo75
04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
I have heard a few people say they are a bit loud. Not all rotary machines are (several models are pretty silent, neotat, etc.), but I am led to believe that the inkjecta is a bit on the noisy side. As far as lubing it I would email them for that info. I like the critical supplies myself but there are several threads on here so you can get a good bit of useful info before buying. The inkjecta is on my next few to own list for sure, and I have considered that the sound will probably be an issue.

graveghoul
04-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Thats right! I forgot that i read that they hit and sound close to a coil. My bad for that one. So whats the difference between a "Hurricane" Power Supply and the "Critical" power supply? Is it just me or do they look alot alike?

Sage Oz
04-05-2012, 02:14 PM
The look alike but that's because the hurricane is a cheap Chinese knockoff of critical that usually breaks in the first few months(literally). Critical is a very reputable company with great customer service and much higher quality. My next supply is going to be a CX2, they are sweet with nice options including a really cool wireless footswitch.

graveghoul
04-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh i see, makes sense as to why the hurricane is so much cheaper. Thanks so much guys for your help. Onto the next purchase...Critical Power Supply with wireless foot pedal. Man oh man. This technology should have been available YEARS ago! Dont you think?

OwlsDen
04-05-2012, 02:19 PM
The hurricane is a copy of the critical. Getting a good hurricane is like a needle in a haystack. Some are board for board copies ( critical has said this ) and some are. Copies of the copy. So who knows what you get. It is better to stay with the critical.

As for the Injecta. I used to own one. Fantastic machine they are. Yes you must lube it. They provide a tube of food grade lubricant with it. I assume you got yours without. I used super lube in mine and found it quieted it some. It can be loud. But I know how to make it near silent. T-tech, with the tech system ( tube and cartridge ) mine was amazing. Not to mention near silent. If I used t-tech everyday, I would have never traded it. It was like having a hawk with give. Good luck with yours, it has a lot of power. I never got to make mine pack color like I wanted, but it blended color perfectly and the heal times were short and perfect.

slicksteel
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
hurricane is a china knockoff with sub par parts, just ok for a coil but very bad a rotary,stick with a high end one for a your rotary cheap ones have been to known to burn them out due to high voltage surges and will also shorten the motors life to due to bad voltage ripples.
I posted a reply under a rapier lube question f i remember right on here about lubes, its got all kind of links were you can find the right kinds for rotarys.

slicksteel
04-05-2012, 02:22 PM
haha 3 replys all at the same time! now thats service!:p

graveghoul
04-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I know! Yall really know how to make a gal feel welcomed! Thank you all SO MUCH!! :D

nivek
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
the criticals are worth every cent and the back what they sell. If you are an early point in your tattooing career one piece of advice I will give is never get the cheap shit - you are making your job hard. A couple of tattoos will pay for a good power supply. Make your life easy and get good tested and reputable equiptment - good inks, good machines, good power and good needles will help make things easier. Its much easier to fix or solve a problem if you know you are using good stuff.

Good clean reliable equiptmen will ALWAYS make it easier to figure out where problems may lay. Why cripple yourself by using crap....