PDA

View Full Version : needle runners

kep
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
hello forum.. i just ordered a bag of needle runners from kingpin and cant seem to get them to work..either its to big and causes friction in which i need to higher the voltage or it runs perfect but the needle sits (or is pushed i might say) against the top of the tube tip.. ive seen thier website and still cant figure this out...just throwing this out thereseeing if anyone would know a little trick to these...if not fuk it..worst case ..just stick to the old trusty rubberband....peace

slicksteel
04-05-2012, 06:34 PM
bend the needle at the tip not bar, also the new ones work best with thicker bars and the old ones work best with spearman tatsoul ones(which also needlerunner sells)they must also ride in the back tube tail in the center.make sure they ride on the bottom of the bar.

kep
04-06-2012, 03:46 PM
cool brotha ..thanks for the info...

opalus designs
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
needle runners....i dig them i use all sorts of diff disposable tubes with them..with all the diff companies tubes theres minor application diffs with placing the runner on bar for each tube...i dont use stainless so this post is for needle runners and most disposables..first i strictly use the blue tubing for grommets that you can get from many suppliers...i first take the needle and bend it at the grouping slightly then i put the needle runner (with opening of the needle runner facing motor)a little above the middle of the needle bar (so that when you place the needle in the tube the runner rides in the middle of the tube shaft(the part that goes in the frame) thats where ive found it works the best) before i put the needle in the tube i take some vasaline and spread it all around the needle runner to lubricate and elleviate friction and also seals the tube better from ink run ups..then i put the needle in the tube install tube in machine and tighten down then put the blue tubing in needle loop then install it on arm bar then sliding the needle forward on the blue tubing to where the needle runner is barely i mean barely up against the tube..if installed correctly you should be able to grab the needle bar and wiggle it and it should be snug(not move at all in tube) and isnt able to flop around at all(no matter how much you turn the volts up) while the needle grouping rides right where it should flat in the tip with the vasaline lubricating the runner theres lil to no friction so that means you would use the same volts or less then you normally do (you get less resistence then if you used rubberbands).. while using vasaline as a lubricant you wont get the needle runner dust from the wearing due to friction from the runner sliding against the tube even if installed properly without some kinda lubricant.....I came up with this prossess myself outta pure common sense...i use strictly rotaries so i use this setup on my stealths my other machines have tensioners....i also dont get the "what are the rubberbands for? questions anymore haha...ive also noticed that your needle needs to run directly in the middle of the tube otherwise your needle will fall off the bar before you can get it snug

opalus designs
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
another cool thing about that blue tubing is its very cushony and forgiving so you can open up the needle loop quite a bit and achieve some dampening... this set up is great for machines with no give stealth swiss bishop etc..no need to buy a special machine to line with i get quick single pass lines with my stealth...

kep
04-30-2012, 03:31 AM
great info man thanks

peter clements
04-30-2012, 07:32 AM
another cool thing about that blue tubing is its very cushony and forgiving so you can open up the needle loop quite a bit and achieve some dampening... this set up is great for machines with no give stealth swiss bishop etc..no need to buy a special machine to line with i get quick single pass lines with my stealth...

That's what I do ,you think like me exactly. As for needle runners/rubber bands, sometimes I may use a combo of both,but only one band,and I highly recommend these http://www.luckysupply.com/shop/form.asp?pid=781&catid=&listid=20