PDA

View Full Version : heyo! new here.

Dan Bones!
04-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi there.

My name's Dan, and I'm pretty stoked about this forum. I split my time working in Brooklyn at 1228 Tattoo and Camp Hellhound Tattoo. I've only been tattooing for about two 'n a half years, but I used to work as an animator, and I also do engraving work. I've been fortunate enough to work with a bunch of really talented artists who have turned me on to using rotary machines, and I've gotten to work with a shagbuilt and a swashdrive whip. I'm still doin' my homework on what I really want out of a rotary machine, but I'm really excited to see what everyone here has been workin' on and what works for them.

so thanks!

Neo
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Welcome

Rapier 2 can hae soft or hard spring give. Dragonfly is nice also but too much money. Carys are $365 now but used to be $350 weeks/days ago. Nedz is also a nice machine with give springs you change, built as well as any other machine imo. Search the machine reviews :). Again, welcome

Sinnersink
04-06-2012, 08:16 PM
There is so many nice machines, but i must say i really like the nedz.
Also cheap top quality machine is rotary works, also the springer has changeable options.

Dan Kubin for liner. and the centri for shading I'm really diggin also.

Sage Oz
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome to the forum, hope you like it. Lots of good people on here for sure. Regarding machine choices, Dan Kubins are amazing liners but I'm also loving mine for shading, I can find any faults in its performance at anything...

Dan Bones!
04-06-2012, 10:13 PM
hey thanks! i've heard nothing but good things about the kubin mini crankers for lining, and that's a TON of what i do. it wasn't until recently that i even considered using a rotary for lining, but i keep hearing about more and more artists using them, and i'd love to at least give it a try. i've been lining with a seth ciferri walker, but i've been doing more and more lengthy sessions with really technical likework, and its been killin' my hand. i've needed to tinker with it a lot more than normal lately as well, and i can't quite get it to do what i want it to (super fine tiny lines) without really, really workin' for it. a friend recommended i check out the mini cranker, and i think i'm gonna.

Dan Bones!
04-06-2012, 10:14 PM
the centri for shading I'm really diggin also.

i JUST got to check one of those out for the first time yesterday. most definitely the delorean of tattoo machines, those things are mind blowing!

ckjr
04-06-2012, 11:53 PM
welcome

Magnu
04-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

CROWN Machines
05-14-2012, 04:18 PM
** Welcome to the Forum **

The Limey
05-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Welcome!