PDA

View Full Version : Couple of tattos ive been, some in progress!

Sinnersink
04-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Just a couple of tattoos i have done. The Joker is still in progress.
Got alot of nice tattoos at the moment, will post more when they are done.

Sage Oz
04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
That tiger head is awesome, love the rich darkness depth...

Sinnersink
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
thanks man:) i love some criticism if any is up for it:)

Brian Russell
04-09-2012, 03:27 PM
That tiger head is awesome, love the rich darkness depth...

I agree. Strong rich tones=Built to last.

Sinnersink
04-10-2012, 03:13 PM
nothing?

nivek
04-10-2012, 06:59 PM
I love the tigers richness depth but dislike how blobby the stripes are. The Jokers's light sources change (the shading) . The simplicity and nice tones work on the Mary, but again, the light sources change. The Matryoshka is cool! The feathers don't look like feathers on the dream catcher, but I really like how you didn't put in the strings and shaded off it in the center - slick trick

Sekt
04-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Howdy Sinnersink hows the shop goin.. well i hope.
Tattoos are really nice, but you don't want compliments ! so if I HAD to give feedback, I'd say the eyes of the tiger should be the eyes of a hunter. Ever see how the brow of an eagles eye, sort of hangs over, in a downward slant? Maybe you wanted the tiger looking the way you did it, but I would guess if you experimented with a marker, some subtle shading there, you might hit an amazing look.
For example, look straight ahead of you, now look to the left slightly, and up a little. If the tiger was looking in this direction for instance, you might get him to hit on a look of a kinda golden moment. Depending on which quadrant one is looking will give a corresponding feeling. and depending on the shape of the eyes, brows etc, will give also different feelings. so maybe decide in advance what feeling you wish the tiger to show, and take it from there.
This might not have been possible, but if the tigers back was shown above him and to one side, with one paw, lower than the other, you could have made the tiger appear to snake, and climb down the guys back... then then the tattoo would fit to this guys body shape, which I feel is important for a tattoo to look right.