PDA

View Full Version : Contemplatin'

-David-
04-13-2012, 04:41 PM
David here. Only been tattooing a few years; coils all the way. Amateur machine builder (don't sell 'em - just use 'em and give 'em away if they're worth it). I've lately been narrowing down the diversity of my machine functions and have gotten the best results with relatively quick, long throw (4mm) and hard hitting machines for everything. Just started considering simplifying my workstation with fewer all-purpose machines. I'm one of those "five machines for every tattoo" kind of people. Saw another local tattooist switch to the Hawk and she was all about just having one machine and a handful of tips to choose from. So I'm thinking of getting my hands on a versitile rotary and maybe using the T-tech grips and tips with it.

Is there a thread around here to console die-hard coil users that are ever-so-secretly beginning to entertain the use of rotaries and aren't quite ready to tell their families yet?

Administrator
04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
its probably time we establish the 12 steps for introducing a rotary into the drawer.

OwlsDen
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
its probably time we establish the 12 steps for introducing a rotary into the drawer.

Brilliant idea and I imagine a hilarious read.

Barren
04-13-2012, 07:39 PM
hello my names barren and im an addict

Sage Oz
04-13-2012, 09:39 PM
This is a forum full of machine addicts;)

nivek
04-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Jan was the first time I used a rotary and liked it - Now I have 8 machines and want more. My name is Nivek and I am addicted to all tattoo machines

DiarrheaSuitcase
04-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Introduction is everything. What you need to do, is bring your new rotary into your drawer while all the coil machines are outside. Bring the coils in one by one and let them "discover" the new rotary on their own. Let them sniff it and figure out what it is. More than likely, they will take ownership over the new machine and allow it in. Praise the coils for such actions. They need to know that this type of behavior is good. If by some off chance they are aggressive, be quick to intervene and seperate the two. And slowly allow the aggressive coil another chance to "adopt" the new addition. Repeat until the hostillity is no longer an issue.

Brian Russell
04-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Introduction is everything. What you need to do, is bring your new rotary into your drawer while all the coil machines are outside. Bring the coils in one by one and let them "discover" the new rotary on their own. Let them sniff it and figure out what it is. More than likely, they will take ownership over the new machine and allow it in. Praise the coils for such actions. They need to know that this type of behavior is good. If by some off chance they are aggressive, be quick to intervene and seperate the two. And slowly allow the aggressive coil another chance to "adopt" the new addition. Repeat until the hostillity is no longer an issue.

LMAO.........good stuff.

-David-
04-14-2012, 07:04 AM
^ ^ ^ Seconded. F'n hilarious.....but when no one's looking I'm going to try it and hope it works

Magnu
04-15-2012, 05:02 PM
If they don't play nice you could always remind them that the inspiration for the tattoo machine, Edisons Pantograph/electic pen was a Rotary and they should have a little more respect. After all if Samuel ORiley had been able to repilcate it instead of cribbing a doorbell they would all be like the new addition

Administrator
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I should draft somthing up and make postcards for conventions... ha!

tatu richie
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM

hahahahahaha very well said lmfao

nivek
04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
If you want to ease in the idea to the coils print this
http://electricpen.org/Images/DSCN2485e.jpg

and leave it in the drawer for a day or two, get them used to the idea and look before they see one, acclimate them to the future stranger that will be in their midst.

CROWN Machines
05-14-2012, 04:16 PM
** Welcome to the Forum **