PDA

View Full Version : just these 2

CajunDave
04-14-2012, 12:26 AM
this is pretty much all i use right now. lining with a seth ciferri fast back and everything else with a neo longstroke. wouldnt mind picking up a coil soft shader in the near future. running through a eikon . love my neo! broke it the second week i had it, just got it back from ray .

Sage Oz
04-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Those are real nice machines to have if you've only a limited setup. Kudos for choosing quality over knockoff quantity ;)

CajunDave
04-14-2012, 08:31 PM
i have an old iron workhorse piece of crap shader my mentor gave me during my apprenticeship i do use on super tough crackled skin , i find the neo doesnt hit hard enough for that type and the no give makes me scared to really push it in. i dont like to experment on walkins and im on my own with the neo no one at my shop ever used rotary so i cant get any advice on things that give me trouble

nivek
04-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Juan Puente shader - get one !!!

Sinnersink
04-14-2012, 09:04 PM
The neo tat is one hell of a awesome machine. Very cheap but incredible performance. Neo tat mid stroke, right now my favorite machine for the color work!

nivek
04-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Yep the Neos are nice, first was a Vivace med - then another, then through a deal and 1/2 one red med and one short, traded one of the meds and honestly REALLY happy with them all. May end up trading the short... They got me back into trying rotatries, after trying a different rotarty and just not liking it. Now rotaries are my new addiction, want to try em all.

CajunDave
04-15-2012, 01:59 AM
damn, had my ciferri liner only about a month now...back spring just broke on me in the middle of a tattoo :( split right down the middle

CajunDave
05-04-2012, 02:46 AM
Lining everything with the neo now, kinda glad my ciferri broke on me :)

wildboy
05-04-2012, 05:42 AM
damn, had my ciferri liner only about a month now...back spring just broke on me in the middle of a tattoo :( split right down the middle

Had the same problem with a Soba pilot liner... Its the back saddle thats uneven and causes the spring to break. I was told that they get the frames prefabricated and someone assambles them (at least not the builder which the machine is named after) without refining the frames.

CajunDave
05-04-2012, 02:54 PM
ugh. ive always wanted a ciferri ... i just fixed it and got it running again but if it breaks on me again in the near future im gonna sell it off. ive been eyeballing these coil machines by this builder keithbmachineworks but im so happy with my rotary atm.

slicksteel
05-04-2012, 03:45 PM
ugh. ive always wanted a ciferri ... i just fixed it and got it running again but if it breaks on me again in the near future im gonna sell it off. ive been eyeballing these coil machines by this builder keithbmachineworks but im so happy with my rotary atm.
just plane out the back spring perch-you know those iron workhorse machines can run very good with a proper abar length and spring change-- i have two that run so smooth
I have a new CNC'ed framed machine line, I designed that is in the process of being machined by a top notch maker
They are machined out of a solid block of high grade american iron with top notch parts
Every thing in perfect aligment-I have been working on this frame design for many years before perfecting it.
they should be done in a month- they will be numbered with cert/velvet bag and life time warrenty. I tune them to your choice etc-slow colorpacker,fast cutback liner,med speed powerliner,med speed & med hit traditional shader/color blender, soft fast bng shader, soft fast cut back bng shader etc.
SSI -super slick irons

Administrator
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Juan Puente shader - get one !!!

You could probably not give your money to a nicer dude. Met him in California where I had to pick up a soft shader for Alie a few years back.

Also a Dan Kubin shader up for grabs right now on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3818111382007&set=a.2411098767571.136242.1554319302&type=1&theater