PDA

View Full Version : Stunning work with a rotary

Think Ink
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Didn't really know where to post this, but I guess this could be the place.
I was reading a thread lastnight about lining that had a youtube clip, so while on there I came across an Anil Gupta video and was blown away by him I ended up watching all 11 videos :)
I have seen some of his stuff before but in pics, but to watch the clips I was amazed at his techniques. So thought I'd share for anyone that hasn't watched his work mostly portraite work but his nature one was the 1st I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZbjLD9EaE&feature=BFa&list=ULF8R3qnNL8p4&lf=channel

OwlsDen
04-14-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah it is pretty sweet that he puts so many videos up for free, every time i watch one it makes me wanna try it.

Denner
04-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Its mad skills, he does all his work (as far as I know) with round liners and small round shaders :)

Think Ink
04-14-2012, 06:02 PM
OwlsDen the guy that taught me loved cross hatching but Anil takes it to a complete different level, funny enough I have been scribbling a bit tonight and trying out some hatching work :) I thought his statue of Liberty was amazing because you could clearly see how his hatching gives the whole shape and flow. would love to see what his work looks like after it's aged a bit.

thesmokingmirror
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Probably doesnt age that well, asA posted in the "using white to lighten" thread about doing a touchup on a blooby Anil Gupta tat. People say that about Gogues work also but Ive seen a lot of healed tatttoos from him that look great still

Tat2dPinoy
04-14-2012, 07:55 PM
is that an old Stigma Bizarre he's using? I had a v2, but it didn't look like that

nivek
04-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I love his work, but honestly I have never seen any pictures of tattoos ON him. It just goes against my grain, I like my tattooists with lots of tattoos, shows a commitment to the craft, for me. Nothing against his work, I just find some of it kinda "sterile". The technique etc is amazing and there, but... again... not interested in getting tattooed by him....

asA
04-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I'll post the black blob tomorrow. Totally spaced that.

Think Ink
04-15-2012, 09:49 AM
asA I would love to see that .
Nivek to be honest I wouldn't get something like that myself as I am more in to Japanese style, but I found his style fascinating and loved the old etching look of his work, but I did think there would be a problem with how it ages.
Talking of aging I was a big fan of Josh Carltons work a few years back, but always wondered how they would age too. I think that is one of the things I like about Japanese style with bold colours and lots of bold lines, I find they always age well some even look better with age.

JohnnyChaos
04-15-2012, 10:59 AM
is that an old Stigma Bizarre he's using? I had a v2, but it didn't look like that

yeah it is. nice machines.