PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cranker vs Rapier... (mortal kombat voice) FIGHT!

DiarrheaSuitcase
04-15-2012, 03:30 AM
I have heard nothing but praises for both of these machines for lining. In a head to head line-off, who'd win?

Also, anyone know the weights of these two machines? The Kubin is heavier right?

biggboy
04-15-2012, 04:00 AM
MINI CRANKER........FATALITY.(mortal kombat voice)FLAWLESS VICTORY!!

elbo
04-15-2012, 04:15 AM
I must be a little different in my lining requirements as i didnt like the cranker for lining....traded my two within a few weeks!...just wasnt feeling them for lining..my top liners still being Gen 7(soft clip a must)Rapier,Inkjecta specific and whip with hard clip(soft clip to me seemed pointless on whip).

skinmech
04-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Mini Cranker and Gen 7 Neck to Neck, Rapier pulling up into 3rd spot (in a Horse Racing Commentary voice, I know you are trying it out in your Head).:rolleyes:

tugg
04-15-2012, 04:52 AM
mini cranker for me .would like another . rapier is good but I do get ink spray with mine for some reason.

Bishopbyname
04-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Mini Cranker for sure, the only machine i'd get burnt for if my studio was on fire! Either that or i'd just buy another one. :o

wildboy
04-15-2012, 05:46 AM
**NEW CHALLENGER** The little fine line wonder from Spain called the mini Evolution enters the arena. Perfect ink flow tattoos like a marker with small groupings!

Baldrick
04-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Here my 2 penny worth - most of the machines mentioned here ive had or still have.
Mini cranker is great - I love using it for lining - dan shows it lining big 14rl but I love the feel of it with smaller groupings - the control and balance when using a 3 or 5rl is amazing.
The mini Evo from HM is very similar in that respect too.

The rapier is like a coil liner and I use that one for 7-9 liners.

But to throw another suggestion into the mix - neo tat VIVACE !! - I've only had it a few days do as yet I won't make my mind up but it's good ;)

If I'm lining with any liner over a 9 I still go to a coil - the only reason is I line quick and find slowing down with a rotary with larger needles makes me think to much about what I'm doing - and I'm an impatient person and don't like lining twice ;)

skinmech
04-15-2012, 06:20 AM
I forgot about the Long Stroke NeoTat, load on anything from a 5RL to a 14RL, step on the Gas from 9-10V's and it will Line effortlessly, just like a coil, and with a "slightly" faster handspeed than the Cranker...

Baldrick
04-15-2012, 06:29 AM
I forgot about the Long Stroke NeoTat, load on anything from a 5RL to a 14RL, step on the Gas from 9-10V's and it will Line effortlessly, just like a coil, and with a "slightly" faster handspeed than the Cranker...

Good to know - I'm gonna try it for lining all next week ;)

skinmech
04-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Good to know - I'm gonna try it for lining all next week ;)

Remember, don't Hang yer Needle out too much, even better if you keep it flush with yer tip, and just line off the Needle, letting the Stroke do all the work...;).

Baldrick
04-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Remember, don't Hang yer Needle out too much, even better if you keep it flush with yer tip, and just line off the Needle, letting the Stroke do all the work...;).

Thanks bud

Sage Oz
04-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Kubin is my choose by far the I havent any experience with the evo

skinmech
04-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Thanks bud

****Hijack****Any probs, drop me a PM....:D

gangstajay
04-15-2012, 09:12 AM
the mini cranker hands down stomps on the rapier! the over all build and quality the adjustability of the DK set the cranker at 4mm stroke and run it at 6-6.4 volts and it will push any needle, I owned a rapier I liked it for blk and grey. but the DK can do any of it blk and grey,line and color.(just my opinion) then I would say the Whip,gen 6 and 7. the RW which is another all around machine.