PDA

View Full Version : workhorse irons rotary

gangstajay
04-17-2012, 12:19 PM
so I got my hands on a workhorse..(I just had to) I herd so much that was wrong with the machine so I had to see if I could make it work.. I feel the only flaw in the design is the crank arm and bearing in the rear. so I put a crank arm off of a stealth on the machine and used a rubber grommet and all the noise is gone now.. the arm can stand to be a hair shorter but it works..here is a pic..maybe bill can go back and redesign the rear crank and he will have a great machine.9357the only other thing that makes noise is the pivot point for the arm bar and I will soon find a fix for it..maybe if the end was rubber coated. but it is so small of a noise it doesn't matter

tatu richie
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM
is it something u could really get down with? ive been checking them out too

Sage Oz
04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
They are really cool overall but yeah I hated the rear con rod too. I used my friends a few times to try and wanted bad to do the same mod. I also wanted to fix the armature pivot points by incorporating bearings, as the holes are just too big for the cross shaft and there's a lot of slop.

gangstajay
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
They are really cool overall but yeah I hated the rear con rod too. I used my friends a few times to try and wanted bad to do the same mod. I also wanted to fix the armature pivot points by incorporating bearings, as the holes are just too big for the cross shaft and there's a lot of slop.
thats exactly correct.. other then that they are a good machine. I'm going to keep working at it.

gangstajay
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
is it something u could really get down with? ive been checking them out too
only if they redesign the crank system and pivot point..the give system is good

gangstajay
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
so I got to playing around with this thing again.. I put the stock crank arm back and the stock flywheel but I used the bearing from the stealth and used the c clip and used a rubber grommet to hold the arm bar in the crank arm.. seems to work really well. I will try to tattoo with it. now it sounds like my dan kubin which is pleasurable, I will keep you posted.