PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a adjustable rotary

stickboie
04-22-2012, 12:14 AM
im on the market for a new machine this week. i was looking at one of the Stigma bazzrer V2 or the Dragonfly, but i heard that the stroke on the Stigma V2 has a longer stroke than the DF. also just read the review on the bazooka by Dino Casarin, but couldent find anything about his adj. version. i took a look at the Inkjecta specific machine, not really my style. im also not using a RCA cord, so the Nedz is out. i have two Special Technique machines that i love, and a direct drive Rotary Works that i never use. i really want to try a adj. machine and see what els available. im open to anything. custom or not. ive found a ton of crap out there. rip offs, replicas, knock offs, and thats the last thing i want. id like to know what you guy think the best overall adjustable rotary is, so that im not just pissing my money away for another machine that will just sit in my drawer looking pretty. Thanks. Giancarlo

skinmech
04-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Ok, so you are looking for an Adjustable Machine, or one with a Give System. In my opinion, it is not a simple case of just suggesting one Machine, as certain Factors need to be considered.....As you know there are Various Give systems on the Market...You have Springs, Knobs, Plugs, Sliders and Clips etc, etc...Then, you have machines with infinite Give, almost to the extreme that they are useless for laying ink, as they hit too soft, on the other hand, you have Machines, that even on the Softest setting, they still pack a punch.I find Lining, pretty hard to do on certain Adj Machines, and they are more suited to Color work, and carry out that function brilliantly.....With that out of the way...For an adjustable Machine, with No Maintanence, that lines Like a Cranker, and Colours like a champ...Swashdrive Gen7......For a Great All rounder, that will line,but, is better at Color...The Action Rotary....Then there is not much to separate, the rest which are all excellent at all aspects of color work (depending on how much throw you like and your handspeed).....Hyper V2, Bizarre, D/fly, etc etc etc...So I suggest a Swashdrive Gen 7...And it has a Clippy version....Simple,LOL...Will be fun to see how many different suggestions you get.

Sage Oz
04-22-2012, 04:17 AM
I was about to say a gen7 as well. I've only used a gen6 which is an amazing all arounder with no adjustment, but I never needed it. I have heard that the stroke adjustments work great and you can choose between a hard clip for color or a soft clip for dampening for lining or BnG. They do have metal body versions both SS and bronze though in limited numbers. Of course there is the Whip which is the most easily and widestest range adjustable of all. If its only stroke length and not give adjustments, then a Kubin cranker is the best liner I ever used including coils and damn capable at everything else and a great value. The adjustable stigma hyper is also an amazing machine, a lot like the swashdrive gen7. Hope this helps...

stickboie
04-22-2012, 09:05 AM
I guess what im looking for is a machine that can do it all. Line, shade, and pack color. I havent done any research on the Gen 7 yet. But i have seen the whip in person. Feels cheep in my hand. Never saw the brass / aluminum one tho. As for the Kubin cranker, im gonna send him a message on Facebook and find out some more about it. As of now i think im leaning towards the bizarre V2. My friend uses one and he loves it. But he also isent a member here and doesent what els is available.

skinmech
04-22-2012, 09:51 AM
I prefer to do my background checks first,....Are you just looking for Machine specs, and running styles, well just go to Machine Reviews..and Pick one...My Friend uses an Old Push and Pull, me I prefer a Ride on...Shit, Bro, don't matter a flying fuk what your friend runs...LOL...;)

skinmech
04-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I asked a question years ago, about what Machine was best for me...The Dude looked at me and said..Look on your Machine like a Wife, if she is good, she will do things for you, that would make other Men Blush...I think that says it all.....Wise words, even all these years later.....

stickboie
04-22-2012, 10:20 AM
I know it goesent matter what my friend likes. Thats why im asking on here what you guys think is the best over all machine.

skinmech
04-22-2012, 10:58 AM
You asked what was the best Machine for you, that's why I answered your original question...Not the best machine overall....

stickboie
04-22-2012, 11:48 AM
your right. Well i guess what i ment was, what do you guys think is the best over all adjustable rotaty is out there? And your thoughts about it.

Barren
04-22-2012, 12:00 PM
i have both a dragonfly and a bizarre v2, and IMO there both very good solid machines my personal pref at the moment is the bizarre i find the extra throw nice as i tend to ride the needle, it does sit higher in the hand than the dragonfly and i find its louder in general.
both of these machines have a pretty heavy price tag so would be really good to get hands on with your options before laying out the cash,
also the hyper v2 is a great bit of kit

Sage Oz
04-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Are you just looking for adjustable stroke, or adjustable dampening, or both? My vote for just an adjustable stroke with a set tiny bit of give is the Kubin, it does everything really really well(I can't find a needle or use it doesn't do), it just is such an amazing liner that that is how it is usually assigned. If you want adjustable dampening as well then you might want a V2 or Swash7(the quality is there-even the plastic version-it's the same as a glock) though the metal bodies retail at $650. Dragonflies and the Dino C also have a strong following, though I haven't used either yet, I'm sure they are a pleasure. So yeah there's lots of good choices these days, in the end it comes down to what your attracted to and willing to spend. Also, think about your current machines and what it will be doing. And no matter what, adjustable or not, you will always have a bit of a learning curve with any new machine, sometimes too many adjustments can make that more difficult to do. Personally I like a fixed(minimal) dampening as its always consistent and I can change hand pressure to change that if I need it...

stickboie
04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
hmm you might be right. im mainly looking for a machine with adjustable dampening. i guess. something on the fly. i think im gonna try the V2. the Dino C looks like a very well built machine, but i havent found anyone that has used it to find out.

OwlsDen
04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Have you thought of the Centri? It isn't like any of the other machines listed at all. It has infinite give ( you have to see it to understand ) as well as an adjustable stroke. It can line ( but for my hands only with metal grips ) and it is magic at color and black an gray. Just putting something different in the mix.

stickboie
04-22-2012, 10:10 PM
seen some vids of that machine. super unique. if it was smaller it would be mine. but that that thing is huge.

Cyberitual
04-23-2012, 02:08 AM
i think you might be referring to the plastic version that was abit long.

DiarrheaSuitcase
04-23-2012, 03:14 AM
seen some vids of that machine. super unique. if it was smaller it would be mine. but that that thing is huge.

I saw a vid of one in action (not sure if it's the plastic version or not), but yeah... that thing is MASSIVE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_kfb3L20Cw

The technology inside looks really sweet though. I bet it performs very well.

Cyberitual
04-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Thats the plastic larger version that is not in production. The one in my Sig is the latest

OwlsDen
04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
9600 This is the production model.