PDA

View Full Version : adjustable stroke

-David-
04-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Going through the posts here, and following through to a few builder's sites, I've come across a lot of rotaries with adjustable give but not too many with adjustable stroke length. Dan Kubin's mini cranker I believe has an adjustable stroke length (or is it fixed on each machine with different stroke lengths available?) but most others just have different models with different strokes. Can anyone point me in the direction of more manufactures that have this option? And if there are others, are they readily adjustable (fine tune them during a tattoo; preferably making adjustments through a barrier bag) or do you pretty much have to strip them down to tweak the stroke?
Thanks for any input

Sekt
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Kubins is fully adjustable

skinmech
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Does changing the excentres count as in the Bizarre v2, and the Hyper v2 has a 3mm-5mm hub/stroke length...

asA
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Does changing the excentres count as in the Bizarre v2, and the Hyper v2 has a 3mm-5mm hub/stroke length...If your going that far the dragonfly has 2.5 and 3.6 excentres.

OwlsDen
04-24-2012, 04:10 AM
The Centri is fully adjustable, a lot of Cary's ( Tattooed Pirate ) machines have two or even three selectable stroke lengths, the Inkjecta has an adjustable stroke as well. Then there is a monster swashdrive gen 7 in stainless steel that is full adjustable. That is just off the top.

Sage Oz
04-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Yeah the metal gen 7s are quite sweet, both Stainless steel and bronze. I really wish they'd make larger runs of those and bring the price down a bit too. I'd prefer the bronze, it just ages so beautifully...seriously on my wishlist.

daza
04-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Sage oz sorry dude just got a bronze gen7 and an adjustable stainless gen7 but Ive had a gen6 that is adjustable but you have to mess about with grub screws on all of them Ive had a thought on this what about making different hubs so the user could interchange them to give different strokes thoughts anybody

Sage Oz
04-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Sage oz sorry dude just got a bronze gen7 and an adjustable stainless gen7 but Ive had a gen6 that is adjustable but you have to mess about with grub screws on all of them Ive had a thought on this what about making different hubs so the user could interchange them to give different strokes thoughts anybody

First off- one of each?! Lucky son of a gun. If you ever want to get rid of that bronze gen7 please PM me first :)
Can you post a pic?

The interchangeable hub, with different angles for different strokes for different, a good idea in its mechanical simplicity, I always thought SD would offer just that. But that means a bit of a hassle to switch over. Not something I'd want to do in the middle of I tattoo if I wanted adjust the stroke, or of you just want to experiment and make small adjustments to find an ideal stroke, then the current setup of limit adjusters makes sense. Have you seen the just released pnuematic Intuition? It is, along with Hypers and Rotars and cheap hammers, made using the swashdrive design and is promising to make interchangeable hubs. I also
Like how it has a much more simplified slide without many pivot points and extra parts. Be cool to see something like in the Gen 8, and with a real integrated RCA mount.

-David-
04-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Doing a little more investigating to make sure I get close to what I'm looking for; then committing to a purchase

daza
04-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Sage Oz hope you can see them OK the one on the left is the bronze /stainless on the right as to your question no not really looked at pneumatic in to my electric machines . I know you think its a bit of hassle changing hubs but we need to buy lots of machines lol the thing is if your trying to make tinny adjustment through out the tattoo i would have thought it would be easier to try different voltage and hand speeds. i know its tinkering but i think we are all so used to coil machines that we are trying to get that feel but these babies are a different beast and i love it. As for the gen8 well i hope so the whip is like cranking motion its not got the swashing motion that makes it awesome but i could be in love with a gen7 on the other hand the stigma v2 plentey of adjustment there !

slicksteel
04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
those are so fucking rad! man so far the gen7 was my fav machine-amazing work can be done with them. Just hated the plastic weight and feel. I think if they made these they would sell well with coil users etc.

gangstajay
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
damm those are dope as hell!!!!

Upstart
04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Kev shercliff is making a rotary with an adjustable stroke length...... Coming soon its unbelievable. I saw it at the portsmouth convention!

peter clements
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Kev shercliff is making a rotary with an adjustable stroke length...... Coming soon its unbelievable. I saw it at the portsmouth convention!

Kevin is known for the quality of his coil machines, so what you say has certainly aroused my interest. I'd like you to ellaborate-why is it "unbelievable" ?

Upstart
04-27-2012, 01:47 PM
it runs like his machines. It recoils, you can adjust the strength of the hit and the throw. Its just amazing. I cant really explain it.... He had an order of 20 odd when i did a circle of the convention.... Ill try and get photos of it. not to sure if he is going to keep it quiet until release if you get me. It has no plastic neither...

daza
04-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a cool machine has anybody spoke to willy from robinson and Dixon i know he deals with Kev but the last time we spoke he was in Germany ...

tugg
04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
this be what your talking about9727

Baldrick
04-29-2012, 04:47 AM
it runs like his machines. It recoils, you can adjust the strength of the hit and the throw. Its just amazing. I cant really explain it.... He had an order of 20 odd when i did a circle of the convention.... Ill try and get photos of it. not to sure if he is going to keep it quiet until release if you get me. It has no plastic neither...

We had a rep in last week, typical shite, slagging off all rotaries - then saying that Kev has designed one better that everything, now I'm not saying its not gonna be good, but as soon as they slag off a stigma machine ( 2 artists were using them at the time ) - I kinda switch off cause they don't know shit ;)
Some die hard coil users don't make good rotary machines sales guys ;) embrace the evolution :)

But I did say I'd like to look at it when it is launched - never saw any pics.

Baldrick
04-29-2012, 04:48 AM

That's the one, motor is mounted backwards etc

elbo
04-29-2012, 05:07 AM

Looks like some thing from the medical trade...something for probing or opening up orafice's....looks shite!

Upstart
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
That is the one. Every one is entitled to their opinion but to say its shit before using one is not right. Proof is in the pudding. @ baldrick.. people who slag off other people's machines are a joke. How stupid! To dislike a machine is fine but to day something is "better" than all the rest isn't how it works. I have machines i love, and other people wouldn't touch 'em but its what works for you......
But still cant wait to get my hands on one :)

elbo
04-29-2012, 02:05 PM
That is the one. Every one is entitled to their opinion but to say its shit before using one is not right. Proof is in the pudding. @ baldrick.. people who slag off other people's machines are a joke. How stupid! To dislike a machine is fine but to day something is "better" than all the rest isn't how it works. I have machines i love, and other people wouldn't touch 'em but its what works for you......
But still cant wait to get my hands on one :)...If you are refering to my comment...i said it looks shite! it may well run nice but it does nothing for me in the looks department and i stand by the fact that it looks shite!

daza
04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
elbo no need to get annal lol seen the picture you know what they say where there's shit there's money seems like we all want a machine that looks like a coil runs like a coil might as well be a coil .
just how much give do we want how many of us set and reset our machines every time we ink to try to get the give right seems like we have gone give mad ?