PDA

View Full Version : Couple of New Dudes in the Hood...

skinmech
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Been a busy week, buying and trading, so here is my latest line up....HM Santamaria-2.5mm Stroke.....Peter Tieg-4mm Stroke.....Hyper V2, adj Stroke.....Cranker 4mm adj Stroke....NeoTat 3.5 mm Stroke....Bazooka 4mm+ Stroke....and my trusty Zeiss-5mm Stroke...I will be running the HM, the Peter Tieg and the Hyper for the next few days, so expect, some reviews soon...P.;)9616

Baldrick
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
You not had a hyper before? Very good machine I dunno if it's because it's a swash system but I find it's packs colour as good if not better than any rotary I've got ;)
I'll look forward to your reviews as always

Sinnersink
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Looking forward to it bro.

Sage Oz
04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
May that's an amazing arsenal. Soooo jealous, I gotta buy more machines....

Zapp
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Great! If you get rid of the cranker,i will take it :-)

stickboie
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
hows that Bazooka?

skinmech
04-26-2012, 03:46 AM
hows that Bazooka?

Ahem http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/4130-Dino-Cassarin-quot-Bazooka-quot-..Review...?highlight=bazooka

aurelien
04-26-2012, 05:10 AM
I actually dreamt about this neotat and a santamaria last night. My pants were dry in the morning, but still a good dream.

skinmech
04-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Well if the Santamaria, the NeoTat and a Hard Hitting Coil had a 3 Way, and they were all piping Rock, the result would be the Bazooka...

The Limey
04-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Bugger the new dudes, I'm still coveting that funky lil Zeis ;)

Sage Oz
04-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm really intrigued by the sound of bazooka, I like me a hard hitting kick ass machine. I can use a light touch and move around pretty quick with them. They work well on flabby trouble spots that are difficult to stretch on some people. I looked at his Facebook page and saw nothing about the machines, where did you order yours from and if I can ask how much did it cost?

skinmech
04-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Bugger the new dudes, I'm still coveting that funky lil Zeis ;)

Her ya go Limey....Enjoy, and turn yer speakers up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3roxcPrHhk&feature=youtu.be

skinmech
04-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I'm really intrigued by the sound of bazooka, I like me a hard hitting kick ass machine. I've can use a light touch and move around pretty quick with them. They work well on flabby trouble spots that are difficult to stretch on some people. I looked at his Facebook page and saw nothing about the machines, where did you order yours from and if I can ask how much did it cost?

Handspeed, volts and technique are your only friends, ;), so sounds like it would work well for you Sage...Got mine in a trade with throwhammers..

The Limey
04-26-2012, 06:02 AM
This might be a rotary forum but that brings a smile to my face!

skinmech
04-26-2012, 06:11 AM
This might be a rotary forum but that brings a smile to my face!

Keep yer eyes peeled, will probs be coming up for a trade soon, cos I just tried the Peter Tiegs...

The Limey
04-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Keep yer eyes peeled, will probs be coming up for a trade soon, cos I just tried the Peter Tiegs...

The Tieg is a banging liner! In fact its a damned good all rounder too.

skinmech
04-26-2012, 06:46 AM
I am doing the same as I done with my Coils, I check to see what a Rotary does best for me, ie Line, shade, pack or B&G. Then I keep it for that purpose, I prefer Machines dedicated to one task, rather than adjusting set-up whilst tattooing, don't get me wrong, I will Shade and Pack with some Machines, but others are one task only....I class them in 3 groups..Liners, Colour and B&G. Colour is the largest group, as it includes all aspects, Shading, Blending, Saturation or Packing, and I find most adjustable Rotaries can carry out most of these tasks,but, some of the more Punchier Rotaries with no-give, make the best Saturation or Packing Machines...Shit I sound so Anal...:o

Sage Oz
04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
I am doing the same as I done with my Coils, I check to see what a Rotary does best for me, ie Line, shade, pack or B&G. Then I keep it for that purpose, I prefer Machines dedicated to one task, rather than adjusting set-up whilst tattooing, don't get me wrong, I will Shade and Pack with some Machines, but others are one task only....I class them in 3 groups..Liners, Colour and B&G. Colour is the largest group, as it includes all aspects, Shading, Blending, Saturation or Packing, and I find most adjustable Rotaries can carry out most of these tasks,but, some of the more Punchier Rotaries with no-give, make the best Saturation or Packing Machines...Shit I sound so Anal...:o

Dude I follow the exact same guidelines... I find that if it can line it can probably do everything else pretty well, but yeah it's about finding the right machine for each use for your technique. That said I find most rotaries are a lot more versatile and user friendly than coils, and definitely more idiot-proof. It took a looooong time to understand what little I know about coils ;)

Sage Oz
04-26-2012, 07:04 AM
I found a vendor for the bazookas in Italy, 350€ + delivery. Not too bad a deal, looks like this might be next in line for me after I buy my next machine: a green centri that Mike is saving for me :D

peter clements
04-26-2012, 07:14 AM
I found a vendor for the bazookas in Italy, 350€ + delivery. Not too bad a deal, looks like this might be next in line for me after I buy my next machine: a green centri that Mike is saving for me :D

Using a Centri is a real learning curve, one that you should enjoy, the physics of the machine is quite different.

skinmech
04-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I need a Centri, and a Spektra, and about 10 others in my sights,LOL

peter clements
04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3roxcPrHhk&feature=youtu.be

I like that machine Paul-very smooth little buzzer. Who made it?

skinmech
04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
It was built for the 2009 Baltimore Convention, by Pittsburgh Builder Andrew Holmes. I bought it direct from Andrew in June 2011, where it had sat in a Drawer as he had forgot about it. Has a nice bit of history about it, and Mr Holmes builds some crazy Machines, think John Clark, and you are in the right direction, :)

tugg
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Do they make a hyper with adjustable stroke or are we talking give.

asA
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I need a Centri, and a Spektra, and about 10 others in my sights,LOL haha only 10.... Sheesh too many cool machines and builders out there... It never ends the list of machines to get.

aurelien
04-26-2012, 11:04 AM
@ Tugg it's give.
Yeah 10 sounds optimistic lol I keep trying new stuff thinking "woaw that's great at least now I don't have to worry about machines as I just found my new daily" ... 15 minutes later " gosh I'd like to try that one too"

Sage Oz
04-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah I could easily pick another 10 machines I don't have. And for the Spektra, the whole point is to have at least 2 :D

skinmech
04-26-2012, 02:32 PM
I have a few surprises, in the forthcoming reviews.....I was blown away, with the versatility of the Hyper, and the (controllable) power of both the Roman HM, and the Peter Tieg. Also found a new use for the Bazooka...