PDA

View Full Version : Rotaryworks motors...

chrishess
04-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Just to clarify for myself. The one I bought from dale came with why u believe a 12v motor but he also sent me a 6v motor. 12 I used at about 2.8volts and it was sputtering when I changed angles so I replaced with the other (yellow back). 6v? For lining, I used the first motor around 3.1 and was very happy. Where should I use the new motor? I know this sounds confusing, but any rw users out there might get it? I was also part of the rotaryworks group buy and still haven't used that guy because the tube to cam is so far.

DiamondDave
04-30-2012, 03:24 AM
The 12 volt motor has a yellow plastic rear housing.
I use my 12v Rw for lining between 7.5 and 8.5 volts with TTech Cartridges.
I would suggest starting around 7volts and moving up or down from there if required.
Your power supply will also make a difference - depending on quality.
The RW motors pull a fair bit of current.
So a cheapo Power Supply may need a bit more Voltage to run them compared to a good quality supply.
Cheers
Dave

peter clements
04-30-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm having my alluminium RW rebuilt with a Maxon motor ,I aquired the motor,Dale of course is doing the build. It's taking a while because Dale has been snowed under,but I can't wait to have it back it's one of my very favorite machines.

onechance
04-30-2012, 10:15 AM
i gotten 4 of the 6v machines of rw and achter sessions of 4 hours constantly the run dead.. he send me new ones.. 12v yellow back and no problems anymore for now.. i line at 4.5 5 volts with 12v with 4.5 stroke

rw is my favo machine i got 8 of them and 2 coming soon..

chrishess
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Ah ha! So I had it completely backwards! I'm so smart... Thanks for the replies!

MAD DOG
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
i gotten 4 of the 6v machines of rw and achter sessions of 4 hours constantly the run dead.. He send me new ones.. 12v yellow back and no problems anymore for now.. I line at 4.5 5 volts with 12v with 4.5 stroke

rw is my favo machine i got 8 of them and 2 coming soon.. onechance is dead on the sweet spot for these 12v machines for lining , and i use these to color with also from 4.75-5.5 depending on needle size . Great machines though i use them every day .