PDA

View Full Version : hahaha- Neotat LS, Silverback 11, TrueTube Delivery!

gangstajay
01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
1141long stroke neo tat, true tube and silver back 11..makes for a good day;)

Administrator
01-13-2011, 02:54 PM
All came in the same day?

slicksteel
01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
so how are u likeing that longer stroke? smother more power?

gangstajay
01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I used it do some lettering today..yes like it alot.. has a good punch

Alie K
01-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Ooooo you got the one with the RCA jack! I still have to put the new plates I got from Ray onto mine - they are RCA and clipcord in one! I totally suck at soldering, though, so I'm a little apprehensive about doing it on my own...

gangstajay
01-14-2011, 01:04 AM
I love soldering..was a mechanic back in the day did alot of electical trouble shooting..on another note:I pulled out some of my other disposable tubes and they all work great with the neo tats ..I just wrap the grips with paper towels and Iam good.. I have some wrath tubes that work well also. all I did with this today was outline which is fine cuz that what I wanted the long stroke for. but I do want to color with it to see how it does. maybe tomarrow

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
man those rca look so bulky i like the phone jacks the stock neos have so much better -cleaner and smaller looking and less weight on the cord end to.

rjdadio
01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I think the phono plugs are the way too, but I listen to my customers.

Hey, nice color....I haven't seen that online before....lol

The Limey
01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Phono plugs are nice but if you were blessed with Silverback Gorilla hands, RCA is your friend!

Alie K
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
man those rca look so bulky i like the phone jacks the stock neos have so much better -cleaner and smaller looking and less weight on the cord end to.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the angled phono plug - it takes the length off of the machine. I just use my neotats in conjunction with so many other types of machines that only take this clipcord or that clipcord, that it isn't unusual to have 3 cords all getting tangled up in one another (which of course is a royal pain). So, if I can slim it down, that's kinda nice.

One day, when I get much more proficient with them, I may just get 3 or 4 more strictly for travel and only have to use the bent phono cord. (They are actually my favorite cords) I almost wish there were a phono cord attachment for my other machines!!!! Then my problem would be solved!!!

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
the tattooed pirate does a nice springsetup with the small phono cord-the spring is long -comes off the back deck with the phone mounted and wired.

Alie K
01-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I bought some machines from Gangstajay, and he had one or two of those on there. I don't have cords for those, so I ended up taking them off. Some people swear by those mini jacks.