PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Mozzer337
05-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Not only am I new here, but new to the world of Rotary Tattoo machines also. Ive searched the forum, but im not gonna promise I wont ask the odd stupid, or annoying question. I'll try not to though.
Really glad to be onboard and hope to start understanding this side of the tattoo machine world, a bit better. Thanks for having me. :-)

Sage Oz
05-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Those are the best questions that we love, keeps it entertaining and our egos puffy when we save the day with our well edited answers and opinions lol...
Seriously though, welcome! This wonderful forum -thank you Alie!- is the best source I've found for not just rotary machine info (of which there is tons and it is invaluable) but for tattooing in general, and there's lots of amazing (and some humble) artists here to give advice and critique...

Roman HM tattoomachines
05-01-2012, 05:21 AM
welcome and don't worry no questions are stupid. you will have fun and learn a lot , its a really voice place to be in!!!!

Sage Oz
05-01-2012, 05:24 AM
No such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people! Hahahaha

Sage Oz
05-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Hey Mozzer, do you have any rotaries in your arsenal yet?

Mozzer337
05-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the welcoming replies people. Feel at home already :-). Sage, I do have a brass rotary works, but for some reason it aint showing over my avatar :-(

Sage Oz
05-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Cool, not a bad entry into the rotary world. Mine is in the process of more modifications again. I can't ever seem to leave well enough alone....lol

Mozzer337
05-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Like I said I am a complete novice with Rotaries so, no modifications for mine as yet, it takes all my bravery just to run it. Its still scares me. Especially when Ive been running a coil and forget to turn the PS volts down. LOL

skinmech
05-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Welcome, good place to be....We have all asked stupid questions, and some of the chosen few keep the tradition going...Better to make a mistake Vocally, than Physically..;)

Mozzer337
05-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Welcome, good place to be....We have all asked stupid questions, and some of the chosen few keep the tradition going...Better to make a mistake Vocally, than Physically..;)

Cheers dude, and I couldnt agree more with your last sentence.

casey
05-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Good to see you here Mozzer ( up to 3 rotaries now bud:rolleyes:)

Mozzer337
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Still can't fathom mine out as yet. Seems to run really fast on low volts. But thats why I'm here. Rotaries really do seem the way to go. It's just hard making the transition. It's like I'm almost used to skipping cycles and bogging down after long usage, with coils. Lol

Barren
05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
hey mozza welcome aboard my first rotary was a RW and still one of my faves , and yeah there monsters i run mine only between 3.5 to 3.8 volts a very good machine to start with

tugg
05-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I used one of my coil machines for the first time in months yesterday to line a piece I was doing and absolutely loved it . Used it again today on the side of someones neck and was loving it till half way through the tattoo it started spluttering and playing up and it reminded me what I like about rotaries or hate about coils.
course tomorrow I'll fettle and clean the contacts on my coiler and it will be as good as new , for a little while

Mozzer337
05-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Ive got a traditional old school pin up to do on thursday so im contemplating using it. Gonna get some advice first though. Great forum and ive just manageed to get my first "badge" on my profile, so I feel a bit more like, one of the the gang now!!! :-)

Tkocevar1
05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
getting used to noiseless tattooing was quite odd for me. i got a neo tat vivace and a centri both are awesome in their own rights. another thing thats wierd is working with four other artist that are pretty old school who just dont understand why i would want to pick up a rotary..and also looked at me like i was a psycho when i started using 15 and 25 mags lol.

Magnu
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

CROWN Machines
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
** Welcome to the Forum **