PDA

View Full Version : My wireless rotary with built in powerpack

st10apex
05-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Myself and a friend have made a wireless rotary with built in powerpack.

Why won't the moderaters let me show you guys, we have a short video to show you it.
if you want to see it, you wont be dissapointed.

asA
05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
How many hours does it tattoo for? And how many pounds does it weight?

Sekt
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
seen it on your site, looks interesting, but how do you regulate the power to be constant as the battery runs down?

st10apex
05-09-2012, 10:50 AM
9oz with battery in it
each battery lasts 2.5+ hours

st10apex
05-09-2012, 10:50 AM
can i post the link here to video?

Administrator
05-09-2012, 10:51 AM
I am not sure what you mean that i will not let you show it.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

st10apex
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
ok here it is

http://youtu.be/Bd6Av-1gHQQ (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FBd6Av-1gHQQ&h=iAQFlTXkkAQHn_piQzPkBnYI1uzRsjg1hx3U5zn7Cb-KIMQ)

camera is rubbish sorry

turnrock
05-09-2012, 11:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd6Av-1gHQQ&feature=youtu.be
i want one of these to keep in the emergency cabinet with the candles batteries and flashlight

DavidEngbaek
05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
not for me , but Fricking awesome!

OwlsDen
05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Interesting concept. Sounds a bit heavy, but I imagine by version 2 it will be lighter.

slicksteel
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
pretty dope-nice looking lines and looks well made. can you also use a standard 9v battery with it. Does it run on a set voltage?

asA
05-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Nope not for me either.

Sage Oz
05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Yup I'm with Turnrock, perfect for those emergency blackout tattoos! Cool concept, design a manufacture indeed but for daily tattooing I'd rather deal with a clipcord

Sage Oz
05-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't mind trying one out though...

peter clements
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
It is heavy,and you could argue about 2.5 hours not being long enough, BUT-everything has to start somewhere. Look at the thread I made "my first clunkers" those rotaries (1978) were building bricks compared to what we have now.

Shizzai
05-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Everyone needs a zombie apocalypse tattoo machine. Gotta make money when the grids go down ;)

OwlsDen
05-10-2012, 06:02 AM
Do you have a price point yet?

wildboy
05-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Thats a pretty cool idea a little too big for now but a smaller version with a battery that lasts longer would be a great tool. Total freedom

OwlsDen
05-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Even better would be a voltmeter.

st10apex
05-14-2012, 08:06 AM
we are are looking into a volt meter for it.

£425.00 free shipping.
you get the machine,
4 batteries,
a charger
and case.

or the machine with one battery for £390.00

No Iron Machines
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
HELLO, VERY GOOD JOB, ALL THE RESPECT FOR THIS

but u need understand something, u build this for fun and for u use or for possible sale ???? that u plan a productions of 9 oz weight machines, i reccomended to stop before loos e a lot of money, sorry
the idea of WIRELESS is great, absolutely, but become great when u can add to any machines already exist, cannot build a special machines wireless, don really have sense, like the WIRELESS COILS, at the end is not very good, heavy and people always love some other coils builders, hope u understand what i mean

the WIRELESS tecnology now still not suitable for TATTOO MACHINES, to heavy and complicate, maybe in 10 years gonna have a small battery and everything, for now still a good dream....

GREETS....

throwhammers
05-18-2012, 02:43 PM
the WIRELESS tecnology now still not suitable for TATTOO MACHINES, to heavy and complicate, maybe in 10 years gonna have a small battery and everything, for now still a good dream....

I disagree. Granted, THIS machine is a bit large and heavy, but it is possible to make one light enough and small enough to comfortably tattoo with.

Sage Oz
05-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I agree with mc hammer, it's just about price point. Titanium fasteners, high tech alloys and smaller electronics are all available on some level and can bring the weight and size down considerably...

Sage Oz
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
That said a module that can pop onto a rca would give flexibility to allow use of other machines, but that would place all the battery weight in the tail and throw off balance. An integrated design like this is the way to go. Maybe just a bit more refined. But really 9oz ain't too bad considering, I've had heavier coils and add the weight of the cord too...

throwhammers
05-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh, that's a cool idea! A battery to plug into the rca. The right design could help with the balance.

As far as a battery operated rotary that's smaller and lighter... just wait a bit ;)

Mr.Taboo
05-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Interesting , like the others have mentioned if you can decrease the weight and increase the battery life you'd likely move quite a few.

Sekt
05-19-2012, 09:44 AM
If it were me, I'd use one of those lithium polymer batteries for model helicopters (long as their safe) and maybe use Velcro armband to attach to arm or even shoulder of Tattooist. Then have an RCA lead coming from arm/shoulder powerpack. You'd have to make sure power pack gives a warning, and shuts itself down if it goes below three volts.
That way, the weight is not on ones hand/fingers, its mobile, and use with any machine. Those lipo batteries should go forever. Then use voltage regulator (or ESC to regulate the motor speed no matter what the battery state or motor demand) with adjustable voltage button/knob/display etc. Oh an send me a cheque when you make some cash lol!

Sage Oz
05-19-2012, 08:06 PM
If it were me, I'd use one of those lithium polymer batteries for model helicopters (long as their safe) and maybe use Velcro armband to attach to arm or even shoulder of Tattooist. Then have an RCA lead coming from arm/shoulder powerpack. You'd have to make sure power pack gives a warning, and shuts itself down if it goes below three volts.
That way, the weight is not on ones hand/fingers, its mobile, and use with any machine. Those lipo batteries should go forever. Then use voltage regulator (or ESC to regulate the motor speed no matter what the battery state or motor demand) with adjustable voltage button/knob/display etc. Oh an send me a cheque when you make some cash lol!

Then why even bother going battery if there's still a cord? Might as well wrap a regular cord around your arm, unless you wanna go jogging with it. I like the idea of a completely cordless with quick interchanging rechargables. But yeah it'd be nice if it was minimal weight and size, that thing still looks heavy and boxy.

specialtechnique
05-20-2012, 04:51 AM
this is fucking awesome. lotta potential in this idea. i have strapped batteries to my tattoo machines many times. i have wanted a proper wireless rotary for quite some time! if version 2 is smaller and lighter i will want one for sure. might wanna think about making a dummy battery with clipcord contacts for those marathon tattooists ha ha... nice work..
http://youtu.be/_JCfmyOl7qU

fkirons
05-20-2012, 09:27 AM
this is fucking awesome. lotta potential in this idea. i have strapped batteries to my tattoo machines many times. i have wanted a proper wireless rotary for quite some time! if version 2 is smaller and lighter i will want one for sure. might wanna think about making a dummy battery with clipcord contacts for those marathon tattooists ha ha... nice work..

Lmaooooo! Bro that shit deserves a repost on Facebook. Stealing this link. hahahahahaha

Nedz
05-20-2012, 10:58 AM
What about Freewire I know its a coil machine but it looks about the right size.

Sage Oz
05-20-2012, 12:19 PM

Always taking work home with you, Lmao that was awesome!