PDA

View Full Version : Neo-Tat/CX-2 issue

Stripe
05-12-2012, 12:03 AM
I got a CX-2 power supply today. Seems to be a great power unit. Easy to set and program.
I hooked up the long stroke Neo-Tat Vivace up and every thing seemed perfect. I then hooked up the med stroke and it shows nothing on the display. Duty, Hz and amps all read 0. The volts are there but nothing else. The machine runs and runs well but the power supply gives no reading. I switched back to the long stroke and it worked correctly again. Back to the med and nothing.
Anyone run into this or know what is up?

carlosbarraza
05-12-2012, 12:50 AM
mine does the same with all my rotary machines i just ignore it and use the volts and amps.

e_Bangs
05-12-2012, 01:48 PM
If you are OCD and just wanna sale it the power supply that is I'll buy it!!!

JohnnyChaos
05-12-2012, 03:33 PM
the duty and hz and stuff will never read right with a rotary as the circuit isn't ever opening and closing like on a coil.
You can often just turn your machine on and off and get a load of different numbers come up... the only one that's right is Volts.

Stripe
05-13-2012, 01:38 AM
I use to have an Eikon power supply with all the read outs until changing to Neumas about 4 years ago. I am only back to electric a few weeks ago. It isn't needed to know all that stuff but it is nice from time to time.
I have to say it is a damn good power supply compared to the cheep chinese one I have had to use the last few weeks. The voltage seemed to be jumping .5-1 volts every 10-15min.
I still find it strange that the long stroke reads and the medium doesn't read at all. I've seen that it isn't very accurate of a reading when using a rotary. Every time I tured it on it would give a different reading. All and all I sure do like it as a power supply, very easy to use.