PDA

View Full Version : Dragon fly Long stroke Vs Short stroke?

adamfromessex
05-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Hi guys, could you give me the heads up on the 2 different strokes.
looking mainly as a colour packer and shader- pos to line with possibly- looking at krankers at mo
do you guys completely change the give for each of the named applications too?
If there is any comparison to the hawk spirit, had one, loveeeeed the colour packing & shading but lining was not my fav on big pieces

elbo
05-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Dragonfly is slow as hell for lining...in both strokes!.....great for colour in both strokes,great for B&G in short stroke and i used my Short stroke for colour too ...it works great...i still dont think its any better than a rotary works though...but its a lot more expensive and looks cool...not quite so cool now every scratcher in the land has a shite copy from china!...but a damn fine machine.

peter clements
05-12-2012, 04:48 PM
i still dont think its any better than a rotary works though...

Absolutely well said Marc, the Rotaryworks is the most underestimated machine in the world.

adamfromessex
05-13-2012, 04:16 AM
thanks guys, appreciated

hellraiser6662
05-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I use my ss for lining all the time, dont have any problems getting lines in, I have it set at 11 volts and set to hard hit no give but I never use anything than a tight 3 to line with. Black n grey is smooth and so is colour shading

tugg
05-14-2012, 05:57 AM
I've not had much luck with dragonflys for lining .I've used it but there are so many better rotaries for lining. but pretty much any rotary will put a 3liner in

hellraiser6662
05-15-2012, 09:13 PM
well maybe so but i dont line with anything else than a tight 3, its smooth not like some rotarys,and most of all i trust it..... i wouldnt line with my stigma or g7 and i wouldnt dare line with my whip just not a clean movement