PDA

View Full Version : Neo-tat noise

tattoosbytravis
05-12-2012, 07:55 PM
I just recieved my second neo-tat vivace and I can't help but notice my standard stroke is signigicantly quieter than my xl stroke. On a scale of one to ten, one being dead silent and ten being coil loud, I would say the standard stroke is a one and the xl stroke is about a six. I've been running the xl stroke around 7.5 volts and it packs color like a dream, I've only gotten to do three small tattoos with the standard stroke, but so far I'm a huge fan. It makes sense that the xl would be louder, but I figured I'd seek the sage advice of the forum. Thanks.

tatu richie
05-12-2012, 09:59 PM
maybe re lube it?

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, lube that bad boy up. My 3.5 was getting pretty loud at about 10+ volts, relubed it and don't have the loudness issue anymore.

tattoosbytravis
05-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I'll give that a try, I've had it about two months now, seems it hasn't gotten any louder than it was originally, just by comparison, didn't know if that's how they run, or maybe I got a bunk one. Thanks.

tattoosbytravis
05-13-2012, 12:26 AM
So I took it apart, cleaned it and relubed it. Now after it's running for a few seconds I'm noticing a rattling sound, it could have been there the whole time and I'm just now noticing it, I haven't really run it unloaded before. Anyone seen this?

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-13-2012, 12:48 AM
When I first relubed my vivace, i applied a VERY thin layer of lube at all contact and slide points. After reassembling it, it sounded just as bad, if not worse, than it did before. I took it apart again, relubed a little more generously, ran it with the slide facing down so I could catch the excess lube, and it was perfect after that.

Stripe
05-13-2012, 01:52 AM
My long stroke Vivace runs almost silent as long as I am using disposable tubes. Metal tubes seem to cause a noticeable increase in sound...

Brian Russell
05-13-2012, 02:17 AM
I've used both stoke machines and did notice more noise with the xl stroke. I think it makes the slide chatter more for some reason.

tattoosbytravis
05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the imput. Lubing it up did help quiet it a little. Glad to know that it is infact louder and not just me. Thanks again.

(Opted Out)
05-14-2012, 05:07 AM
This may sound stupid but check the final destination of the black slider that has the a-bar and beedle clip on, my coworker was complaining his was far louder than mine but the black bit was hitting the back of the tube! Also be carefull not to over lube it

tat2bert
05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
I was having the same issue when I turned the voltage up on mine. Contacted Ray @ NeoTat and he sent me heavier springs for my machines. No more noise and I run my machines 12-13 volts... All the newer machines come with an extra set of heavier springs. Takes 2 minutes to install.

TattoosByRob
05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
I've been using Neotats for awhile and have a few, A couple of days ago I opened a brand new long stroke original Neotat out of the box and it runs like a chain saw, twice as loud as my other long stroke neos.....All of the machines are lubed the same and this ones really loud but performs great sooooo I dunno :/