PDA

View Full Version : Question about rotary works

PaleoJohn
05-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Can anyone tell me if I am missing a spacer of sorts on a rotary works machine? It seems that whenever I place a needle on my grommet it sits directly on the machine causing much friction and greatly reduced and labored speed. I have tried using a shim washer to no avail. When this machine runs free its a great liner. Its just so damned hard to create a space under the grommet. I know I could use paper but really prefer the grommets. Anyone else have these problems and maybe a solution?
Thanks in advance,
PaleoJohn

asA
05-13-2012, 12:34 AM
Pretty sure there is a few threads about this already.

Sage Oz
05-13-2012, 12:42 AM
Use a white nylon washer

PaleoJohn
05-13-2012, 08:43 AM
There WAS a great one on just this problem. I finally found it. Sorry about the redundancy.

fkirons
05-13-2012, 08:54 AM
is this Paleo Joh form the Old TattooConnect days?

PaleoJohn
05-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Sure is. Hows it going buddy. Hats off to you for taking your machine building to the level you have. I wish I had had the time to have stuck with it more. If I FINALLY get some clientel at this new shop.....I'll be getting a couple of your machines. Maybe you could build me a sweet soft hitting shader for doing black and gray portraits. I'm hearing good things about your new rotary lineup also. Tattoo connect.....Tattooz.net...... Miss those sites:(

peter clements
05-14-2012, 03:17 PM
the Old TattooConnect days?

I used to enjoy that forum, sad it's no longer with us.

Paleo, I have never had the issue you and some others have described with the RW,but it may be the way I set up. I always put the grommet into the needlebar eyelet first, and then squize it with pliers so it goes onto the nipple very tightly fitting ,and slide it on until it's just short of the slide block.