PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne Hawk Spirit Help..

(Opted Out)
05-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Ok so cheyenne users..

Is it worth it?... I now have the option of buying one.. have wanted one for years
Its alot of money and the needles are costly but its all in one machine and looks really good
But for simillar money to the hawk and a few boxes of needles and a grip i can have 2 neotats..

So whats your guys opinions?.. Cheers

JohnnyChaos
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Best machine I ever bought

(Opted Out)
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Serious?... Do you use it for everything? I usually set up 3 machines for everything 7 liner, 9roud shader and a 7/9 curved magnum... What would be the relivant cheyenne sizes?..

JohnnyChaos
05-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Very VERY occasionally I feel I need a bit of give and get the dragonfly out, but 99% of the time its all hawk/thunder.
I do think its a machine you can love or hate tho. But at least with ttech cartridges you have a bit more variety of needle styles.

tattoosbychriselement.com
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM
at first i hated the orginal hawk because i wasnt tattooing the peices i am not recently i baught a hawk spirit and i love it it is a great machine for portrait wrk and color work everything is smooth. the ttech cartridges make it more affordable than the hawk cartidges. what i usually do is , i work ina shop so iahev my reg rotarys taht i use eaither disposible grips or metal grips for small things like butterflys, names etc. and for my more elboarate peices i will pull out my hawk becasue of the cartridge expense but all in all man the hawk is a great investment..

(Opted Out)
05-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Cheers guys!!! I have now purchased a red hawk spirit, 25mm grip and some liners and magnums! Cheers

Bishopbyname
05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Cheers guys!!! I have now purchased a red hawk spirit, 25mm grip and some liners and magnums! Cheers

Let us know how you get on mate? :)

(Opted Out)
05-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Will do buddy..

(Opted Out)
05-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Ok so hawk day 1 not great!... Machine turned up perfect with grip and lots of needles :) but with a broken power cable... So a new on is on its way from the supplier! Real shame but really excited to try it out!!

(Opted Out)
05-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Ok so hawk day one, used it for some black andgrey mainly, its very nice i also used it to line with again good for that and also worked well for colour, i found it really soft and light on the skin, its said to be easy to overwork the skin with the hawk but had no swelling or bleeding so now waiting for healed results...

JohnnyChaos
05-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Glad you like it dude. I can't say I've noticed it being any easier to overwork the skin than any other machine.
I do find the Cheyenne Needles are a little slow at packing solid colour.
if you're at all interested I have a load of ttech cartridges for sale at 80p each. A mate is getting rid of his thunder and sold me all his cartridges, but there's a few sizes I wont really use

(Opted Out)
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah colour wasnt as good as the neotat to be honest! I ran it at short stroke at about 10v (120 on the hawk psu) and found it was nice for black and grey, what speeds/voltage do you find best?..

Blondan
05-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Thunder is the best in the hawk series. Good for everything, only use it for bigger tattoos over 100£ so the price of the needles doesn't really count, but is really good for conventions and traveling. Saves you from the hustle of carrying tubes,needles, liners, shaders, you have only one machine, the power supply and the cartridges. And it can do everything that other machines do, and faster 170 hits/second :))

(Opted Out)
05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah thats the only thing i found with the spirit i didnt think it was faster?... I found it much slover at 10v than my 3.5 vivace...

G.Graves
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
I found to really get good saturation with the spirit when I run lower volts, around 7.5-9.0 depends on skin. Black and grey is from 9.5-11.0
The Thunder is kinda of the same for me as well, usual color work is 8.0-9.5 for good saturation.
A lot of it has to do with technic and hand speed as well, so just keep trying different methods to get the effect you want. I just like to use slow steady movements with good pressure for the most part.
But I do love both the spirit and the thunder!!!! Great machines:)

robinTS
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
the hawk only work with is own power supply or can use any power supply?