PDA

View Full Version : Voltage question again Nedz

e_Bangs
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Min ??? - Max ???
I was running it at 4 volts on my Ems 400 running it at 4volts on my cx-1 and it ramdonly just stops. Scared to go any higher because at 4.5 it sounds loud. What are you guys running it at just wanna know.

iPad 3 user!

nivek
05-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Its can be a loudish (relativly) machine, hit that sucker with some lube. Mine got much quieter after a bit of time in. Also - check the screws make sure they are all nice and tight. It's the 6v motor standard I just got mine last week. I line at 3 ISH volts but I like my machine slow. I accidently hit 8 - pushed wrong button. It took me about 2-3 tattoos to get into the groove.

tatu richie
05-14-2012, 10:39 PM
its does run a lil louad but i run my liner at 4.0 to 4.5

e_Bangs
05-15-2012, 01:07 AM
I almost won't to trade it for a rapier2 being that the cx-1 sounds like its pushing harder To run the machine.

iPad 3 user!

e_Bangs
05-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Want*

iPad 3 user!

Richard Peel
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
How new is your machine I know Ed was trying 2 different motor recently, i purchased mine a few months ago and found that the power level i wanted to run my machine at wasn't enough to get the motor to turn over. Ed let me try the old 6 volt motor and this worked better for me and now i run it between 4-5.5 Volts depending on what i'm doing

nivek
06-05-2012, 11:21 PM
the stock motor is up to 6 volts. As soon as he gets the upgrade motors I will be getting one.

Nedz
06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Let me answer a few questions I am currently using two motors at the moment a 2.4 volt motor and a 3 volt motor both are from Mabuchi. All the work that has been posted recently was done with the 2.4 volt motor using a medium stroke machine with blue spring and running at 4.4 volts on an Eikon EMS 300 power supply. The normal 3 volt machine that all the the previous MR01 models were using it is virtually the same but I find the 2.4 volt motor has more torque. I have some 6 volt motors available on request for anyone that wants to slow the machine down even more by running this motor at 4 volts like Richard has done.

I am currently sending machines out with the minimum amount of lube as I found out the hard way if you over lube the pistons it slows the machine down a lot but the lube also reduces the amount of noise. When I developed the machine I was quiet happy with the noise level as I like to hear the tone change when the needle is in the skin. Its how I tattoo with my coil machines so I never worked on reducing the noise. In fact you can run the pistons without out any lube as they have a special coating to make then friction free but when I debuted the machine every body said it wont sell unless you make it quiet so in went the lube.

As for voltages it is safe to run the machine up to 7 volts any higher and you will just reduce the life of the motor. I have found that if you start the machine above 7 volts this it will loosen the grub screw on the cam. This is easily done if your using another machine that runs at a higher voltage at the same time.

The first MR02's will be available next week this machine is slightly smaller than the MR01.2 it only uses the Faulhaber motor and will incorporate a return spring so the needle is inside the tube when the motor come to rest. If there are no problems with the return spring it will be available as an update for previous versions.

Remember I guarantee my machines for life and I always engineer any updates so that I can retro fit them to previous models.