PDA

View Full Version : Done with Nick's Rotary!

Denner
05-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Hi there.....

So finally I got around to use the Nick's Rotarys, build for me by Dubangiu Nicolae (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/2201-NickTattoo)... the machine is kick ass for lining, all lines are single pass except where I wanted to build up fatter lines, for shading it was a fine machine as well, but I think it will be better for color packing because it is one hard hitting machine...
I will do a full review when I have used the machine for more different things / styles.

Machine used for lining and shading: Nick's Rotary.
Inks used: Black Buddha + Starbrite.
Needles used: T-Tech, 5RL, 9RS, 11RM.
Placement: Lower leg / ankel.
Time used: Between 2 and 3 hours.

Wonderland
05-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Very nice, the tattoo looks great you did a wonderful job. Thank you for posting a photo too.

asA
05-15-2012, 11:11 AM
This looks great man. I've been loving mine for everything. Nick is a great guy and his machines rule. Oh and ya can't beat the price for what ya get.

The Limey
05-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Looks great, plus its always good to see a forum members machine getting favourable reviews!

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Nice n clean work! Looks really nice!

Denner
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys, really love the Nick's Rotary, made the job ( lining part ) so much easier :)

Baldrick
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Nice work - will stand up over time - I like it ;)

Sekt
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Love this tatt, some nice ideas in it, like the shadows of the beads- great. But the rose doesn't have a shadow, and the leaves do? Especially like the dew on the leaves, although it could be a little bit more subtle, instead of heavy globs just my opinion though.
Nice rich colour, and lines, very nice, but is the cross a little lost? I mean is it a little small, as that is after all a strong focal point. Perhaps the shadow of the cross could be made to be long, as if the shadow is somehow the holy influence on earth, which must be from the light. So 'the light' casts its long shadow, as the cross is lit from the father above sort of symbolism, adding a dimension which hits the subcon of the viewer. Just my thoughts though, really nice work here..

Deakon
05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Nice solid tattoo. The cross is nicely done.

Denner
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
@Sekt

Thanks for taking the time to do constructive criticism, that is nice of you :)
I agree with some of your points, especially the one about the rose not casting a shadow, there was a shadow originally in my design, but the client did not want it so I had to remove it :(

Sekt
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
don't mean to get all religiony, could be scientology =] just talking from artistic view point is all..