PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Centri.....

skinmech
05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
I have tried a few Rotaries, but have yet to try a Centri...However, I was recently told that it is similar to the Hyper v2, which I already have...I dont want to shell out $600 plus Shipping and Customs to find the 2 Machines are similar...So what I am asking, is this...If you have tried the Centri, which Machine would you, most, compare it to...Then I will have a better idea of the Centri, thanks for any info...:D

OwlsDen
05-15-2012, 07:25 AM
I have one, and it is unlike any other machine I have ever used. My understanding is that the hyper is a lot like a swashdrive. I would not say that
the Centri is anything like this swash

tugg
05-15-2012, 07:32 AM
nothing like the hyperv2 mate.
My 2 favourite rotaries for black and grey are the hyper v2 and the Centri closely followed by 3mm stroke Neotat.
The Centri doesn't really feel like any other rotary as although its rotary powered it really acts like a coil.
I think the hyper runs like a fast running cutback shader where as the Centri would be more like a slower running shader with a very positive deliberate shading of dots .
does that make sense. I wonder if other Centri users would agree?

sorry I see Owlsden has already answered pretty much the same.

throwhammers
05-15-2012, 07:36 AM
I have one, and it is unlike any other machine I have ever used. My understanding is that the hyper is a lot like a swashdrive. I would not say that
the Centri is anything like this swash

Agreed 100%

I think the Centri is totally unique. I can't compare it to any other machine I have tried.

skinmech
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
I think the hyper runs like a fast running cutback shader where as the Centri would be more like a slower running shader with a very positive deliberate shading of dots .

HMMMM Interesting, so sorta like a Slow running, med hit Packer, set up for Pepper Shading...So the Centri is more for colourwork, than lining...I can't see past the SantaMaria Hybrid, for B&G...However, this has sparked my interest..

elbo
05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Funny enough ive just got my centri today:)...although im back on the coils and loving them...i couldnt resist trying one...maybe get round to using it later in the week!

OwlsDen
05-15-2012, 09:13 AM
HMMMM Interesting, so sorta like a Slow running, med hit Packer, set up for Pepper Shading...So the Centri is more for colourwork, than lining...I can't see past the SantaMaria Hybrid, for B&G...However, this has sparked my interest..

It is a perfect color machine. It slams color in fast and evenly. I have done a few pieces where I questioned wether or not I was thorough enough, and they healed fast and solid. It is great, it's almost like you slow down and it spreads up and makes coloring faster. Hard to explain.

Sinnersink
05-15-2012, 09:47 AM
The centri is unlike any other machine is ever tried. Its in a class for itself bro.

skinmech
05-15-2012, 09:47 AM
It is a perfect color machine. It slams color in fast and evenly. I have done a few pieces where I questioned wether or not I was thorough enough, and they healed fast and solid. It is great, it's almost like you slow down and it spreads up and makes coloring faster. Hard to explain.

There is a saying in the Coil World, "To Pack Fast you need to Slow Down"......@ elbo, keep me posted mate...Thanks to all...P.

asA
05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
My only gripe or hold out on using the centri is the vibration. It's really kinda hard to get used to. It vibrates like well a vibrator.... It's especially weird when you take your foot off the pedal, it still continues to wiggle and jiggle around for like 3 seconds. It's kinda funny for the first few tattoos then it kinda makes you feel like you've had a little to much coffee. If you can get past that it's great

tatu richie
05-15-2012, 11:06 AM
deff not like the hyper or any other deff a great invest

clint morrison
05-15-2012, 11:26 AM
It does that pepper shading brilliantly, but I found if you shorten the stroke it does super smooth B&G as well. Whatever you use it for, it puts color in super easy. Very easy on the skin too. I line with it also using a loose round and turn up the volts. I had a v2 and didn't really dig it. So they are definitely way different. The Centri is a must have IMO.

Cyberitual
05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Wow, thanks for all the great opinions. I'm putting up the new website tonight, I'm trying to put a review page on the site. I would love if you guys can add your reviews on it when gets up and running. No flash this time more user friendly site. Oh and the new batch will be in my hands ready for assembly this week!!!

skinmech
05-15-2012, 12:09 PM
OH a new batch, sounds like a plan...

e_Bangs
05-15-2012, 01:11 PM
There is no comparison I know I am late on this but I have used almost all the well known rotaries. Never used a coiled so I can't sAy it's like one of them.

iPad 3 user!

slicksteel
05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
It sound like it hits like the whip with the hard clip.

tugg
05-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I can live with the vibration . My only gripe is the distance between the abar and tube vise is too short so raises the machine higher and have found that I can't use certain disposable set ups because my tubes are too short . this is something so basic which should be taken in consideration from the very beginning when designing any machine.
Other than that, it cuts the mustard.

Administrator
05-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Goodluckirons tubes are on the short side for this machine. Wrath, griffin and if i remember correctly good guy tubes will all work fine.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

tugg
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
the problem also being that you get some needles that might be a little longer than the next.

peter clements
05-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Mike did say that the next edition of the machine will be slightly different ,that means improvements of course,and I'm sure he's aware of the tube issue. He is going to try to once more reduce the actual size of the machine, that in itself should deal with the tube length issue. I use Wraith Vortex so don't have this issue, I suppose you want tubes that are 4" long minimum and then you won't have a problem.
I'm gonna second what just about everyone else has said, the Centri has it's own physics and you can do great work with it. You have to make freinds with it, persevere, and you'll become good freinds.

skinmech
05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh so tempted....I know I will cave in...

MAD DOG
05-26-2012, 03:34 PM
....the panel here is still out on this one ! Ive got one of the first 50 centuries and either mine has bugs and glitches or it just sucks !!! The guy who makes it is a kool enough person so im gonna hold out on my decision till after i see if we can get things worked out in mine .....wish me luck .

MAD DOG
05-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Wow, thanks for all the great opinions. I'm putting up the new website tonight, I'm trying to put a review page on the site. I would love if you guys can add your reviews on it when gets up and running. No flash this time more user friendly site. Oh and the new batch will be in my hands ready for assembly this week!!! Hey we need to talk ....tryed your sight but it would'nt come up . Please get aholed of me . Im the owner of machine #50 you have my e-mail and digits , thanks .