PDA

View Full Version : Interesting German made rotary

The Limey
01-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Found this Rotary (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROTARY-Tattoo-Machine-MADE-GERMANY-/320642562748) on eBay. Not sure why they make a point of you being able to cut the loop of the needle bar and mount them that way or too keen on their clip cord connector but, interesting none the less.

Alie K
01-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Is it me, or is the tube vice really short, in comparison to where the needle eye is? I would think that you need EXTRA EXTRA long tubes to work with that. The one that's pictured in the machine looks exceptionally long.

The Limey
01-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Is it me, or is the tube vice really short, in comparison to where the needle eye is? I would think that you need EXTRA EXTRA long tubes to work with that. The one that's pictured in the machine looks exceptionally long.

Well if you cut the loop off as they show in one of the photos you'd have a shorter needle bar then normal so I'm not sure Alie, maybe its just set up weird in the photo?

Alie K
01-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I've seriously never seen such a long tube/tail/tip combo before! If I were to screw it together, I don't think the set screw would touch the tip. It looks like it's pulled out just far enough to that it doesn't fall out. I don't know about you, but when I assemble tubes, I end up with the little wash-hole (seriously, what's that called? I'm drawing a blank) just a few mm from the end of my grip. This one looks like it's as far out as it can go. The tail looks like that too...

Kinda reminds me of Sunday morning Godzilla movies back in the 70's where they took the extra wide film version and squished it to fit a tv, so all the people and everything looked tall and skinny....

The Limey
01-16-2011, 11:06 AM
It does look really long, maybe its just pushed together or perhaps the guy tattoos like that?

I'm the same as you; even with disposables I slide the grip right down so its at the edge of the wash hole. I actually wish I had access to a machine shop as I'd make myself some grips with a cut out for the wash hole so I could slide them even lower... maybe its all part of being a south paw lol!

slicksteel
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
i think it was made for the eyeloops to be off-also look at the sloppy clipcord connect that will realy run smooth!lol

Alie K
01-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I was hoping that the picture was of a machine without a cover or something on the back. Maybe they aren't as flimsy as they look? I wonder if anyone has one of these?

fatcashdaddy
01-21-2011, 11:43 PM
your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. look how close the needle bar loop is to the vise. thats why they sell it with their tubes, there's no tube on earth (except theirs) that could accommodate a needle bar on that machine..another thing that worries me is, you would need a very heavy grip to counter balance how far the motor is from the back of your hand.that thing looks very back heavy...I do like the idea of cutting off the eye loop and feeding the needle bar through that contraption though.that would bring the weight more forward towards your hand and you could use a regular tube...ofcourse your needle bar would be really short...maybe half the size of a standard needle bar....

fatcashdaddy
01-21-2011, 11:49 PM
I just looked at it again...where would you put rubberbands? there's no room for even a rubberband since all of the needle bar is in the vise or the tube...

billy
02-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Jose Algarvio work witch this stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/tribaltattooportugal

peter clements
02-13-2011, 05:46 AM
I just looked at it again...where would you put rubberbands? there's no room for even a rubberband since all of the needle bar is in the vise or the tube...

Needlerunners would be ideal for this machine.

peter clements
02-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Jose Algarvio work witch this stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/tribaltattooportugal

Interesting photos Billy,well spotted. I notice he's made some subtle alterations to the machine or had them made for him. The top plate with binding posts is different and much better,also you'll see the armature bar nipple must have been slotted as opposed to drilled ,allowing one to put the needlebar where you like without having to cut off the eye prior to using the tightening nut,very sensible and much better.

slicksteel
02-13-2011, 08:03 PM
I think the swiss one is basicly the same thing but looks to be made alot better-both have the same concept
http://www.tattoo-machine.ch/index.php

peter clements
02-14-2011, 07:13 AM
The thing I think most of us like best is the threaded armature bar nipple,an option I'd like to se on all machines.

Deakon
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Used one of these rotaries today for a session packing colour. Never have I put colour in so fast and solid. Got to get me one!

Deakon
04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Bought one of my own. Seriously don't be fooled by how it looks, these machines are VERY nice. Set up is a bit of a pain, you just snip the loop off of the needle bar and thread it through the little dongle. The most well balanced machine I've ever used, hardly any weight at all and when used with disposable tubes its like using a pen. The weight is distributed directly above your hand which is a nice change.I've only used it for small mags but works very well for black and grey or packing colour. Some of the other guys at the shop are using it for lining with good results also.

Mark5
04-20-2011, 02:29 AM
So can you explain the setup as its been mentioned there is no space for rubberbands, and also whats the throw on it?

Deakon
04-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm not using bands with it at all, doesn't seem to need them. A small bend on the top of the needle bar and then clamp down with the gizmo seems to work beautifully. You could use neddlerunners, but I haven't found the need. Throw is relatively long.