PDA

View Full Version : My sleek and sexy new mistress!

Bishopbyname
05-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Got this in the post today from Roman who once again delivered with his awesome customer service, thanks a lot mate! I requested the red base, he suggested the red label which puts the icing on the cake nicely. For those not familiar with Roman's HM Machines this is the La Pinta, which is the adjustable packer/shader. I'm booked up all week so this will get plenty of use in the next few days. I'll put up a full review friday/saturday. I'm like a kid at christmas every time i get a new machine! :o

Baldrick
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Nice colour way - looks even better than my purple rain ;)
Adjustment works well on them - even though it's a colour packer if you get chance try it for black and grey, just run it a bit faster - it may surprise you ;)

Bishopbyname
05-21-2012, 06:55 PM
That was one of the reasons i bought it to be honest Baldrick. Although i do usually run no give machines or at the very most Slightly dampened machines for b&g.

skinmech
05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Great machines, the adjustment is spot on, just a wee tweak up or down, gives you what you want....Enjoy...

Bishopbyname
05-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Well guys and gals i've been using this little beauty for a few days now and i love it!

I've been using the "La Pinta" on the high end of the scale of recommended voltage, around 7.5-8v, that's just what i found to suit me and my handspeed. The adjustability is superb, there really is quite a difference between how it performs with no give and lots of give. At any setting the machine remains consistently smooth and quiet and is a pleasure to use. The awesome thing for me is that it can be quite easily be used as a super soft b&g shader or a no nonsense colour packer! Colour blending has been effortless and smooooth as has shading. At this early stage of use it's hard to predict how the tattoos will heal but i do think the efficiency that it delivers ink lessens skin trauma which should result in quicker/less troublesome heals?

1 thing i would like is something added to the frame to make using elastic bands easier. Such as a protrusion so that a smaller elastic band can be used.

The motor is a little slower than the HM La Santamaria but if the voltage is highered the difference seems negligible. Even my customers have been commenting on how nice the machine looks and how quiet it sounds!

I haven't used the HM Machines liners yet and can't wait to do so but in the 2 machines i've tried so far; the "La Santamaria" and the "La Pinta" i've found 2 of the best colour/shader machines i've ever used. Roman is also a pleasure to deal with and goes that extra mile to accomodate his customers.

I look forward to trying more of this guy's awesome machines.

Roman HM tattoomachines
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM
thank you sir!!!!