PDA

View Full Version : Kubin Cranker

Magnu
05-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Went to fire up my DKMK today and the pin for the A bar was spat halfway out and is now jammed, half in and half out Once I free it I was considering using a center punch to just slightly spread the pin so that it will still move freely but be a slightly tighter fit so this doesn't happen again. Although I am open to other suggestions as to how to fix it if anyone else has a better idea,

Baldrick
05-21-2012, 05:12 PM
My advice is to ask Dan himself - he's the guy that would know ;)

Sekt
05-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Center punch'd work but i'd say you have to hit it quite a few times to make top spread, unless you use brute force and ignorance. what I'd do it put it preferably in a vice, if not, then a vise grips, and hit the vice with a hammer. It would leave a nice clean job, and just enough lip to stop pin coming out. Then again, Dan might not appreciate messing with it. My RCA connection on my MC broke at the threads, and Dan kindly asked me if I could fix it at my end lol!

spoonertattoos
05-22-2012, 04:09 AM
My mini cranker RCA came broke at the threads too. He seems to be "cranking" them on to hard. haha. easy enough fix but now my wire looks all jenky. Oh well its a great machine at any rate. Id buy another in a heart beat.

james

artoftatt2
05-22-2012, 04:12 AM
The RCA connections he's using are crap.. Mine did the same.. Not his fault , kingpin uses crap brass to make em and it's just way to thin.. I use the nice RCA jacks from eikon. Not a big fam of the company but they carry a good RCA jack..

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0orrf3

Sekt
05-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks for that- following Dans offer to let me sort out the problem myself! I looked on ebay, and theres only a few will fit, and they are crappy. So I kinda gave up, and now RCA lead is sort of hanging off. My RCA connection wasn't tight at all, and it still broke, simply connecting and disconnecting lead =[
I don't mind soldering connection really. Its all the shit of getting the right one, with the right quality, ordering the f*****g thing, waiting a.s.o.

Magnu
05-22-2012, 07:19 AM
All good managed to find a copper tube of the right diameter from the model shop up the road

peter clements
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
All good managed to find a copper tube of the right diameter from the model shop up the road

Please post some pics of the repair.

Magnu
05-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Ok will do but it won't be unti Friday as I'm away having more done to my backpiece until then. I have used it today and it has run just fine and I now have my favorite liner back in action.

spoonertattoos
05-23-2012, 04:28 AM
I just used a standard rca jack from radio shack. maybe we are talkinga bout different pieces?

turnrock
05-23-2012, 10:16 AM
the op was about the armature bar pin..somehow in spiraled into rca jacks,Magnu might not even have rca on his MC lol.
but since were talking about rca now i found out cheap rca’s last way longer when you remember to neutralize all the soldering flux, your lucky if they last a month if not.

Magnu
05-25-2012, 06:12 AM
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/kernowtat2/TattooMachines.jpg
This is the replacement armature pin with the original at the top of the pic.