PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne tube and a Neo Vivace

tattooedjim
05-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Thought I would give this set up a try even though I bought the tube to use with my Inkjecta. It was awesome! I need to figure out the best way to set up my barriers and the Vivace gets a bit warm, but other than that this combo is sweet!!!10546

kep
05-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Nice two questions.. Where did you find a blue vivace and who sells the tube that uses the hawk needles

tattooedjim
05-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Nice two questions.. Where did you find a blue vivace and who sells the tube that uses the hawk needles

I got the blue Vivace from Ray himself and I was able to find the tube because of Limey at www.painfulpleasures. Com in their hawk section

kep
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM
sweet..thanks for the info..and very nice set up

e_Bangs
05-29-2012, 04:22 AM
How heavy is that grip verses t-tech grip

tattooedjim
05-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Dont know since I don't have one. But I can say its pretty light. Kinda like an aluminum grip.

e_Bangs
05-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Most likely like the hawk thunder grip ima buy one

JohnnyChaos
06-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Got a couple last week to use with my neotat and I also thought it was awsome :) hehe.

I did get a strange metalic sound now and again though, like a buzz saw off in the distance lol

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q67/keyarurumon/2012-06-16_12-52-06_137-1.jpg

ben666
06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
good to see my old green machine is going strong Johnny! ... I'm still loving the hawk ... even got my head around lining with it ... however I just got the 4.2 Neotat Vivace which is my fave liner at the mo!

tattooedjim
06-24-2012, 12:36 AM
where is this tube from?

studio88
06-29-2012, 04:34 AM
I just used this same setup today except with the bishop. I also used Hawk cartridges, not T-Tech. The Bishop motor got really hot. I found that to push the hawk cartridges takes a lot more force than pushing the T-Tech cartridges, so I have to run the Bishop at higher volts. I needed 9 volts just to get the machine to start with the Hawk cartridges, whereas with T-Tech I only need about 7.5 Volts. I suspect this is why the machine was heating up so badly. And I have used the Bishop several times with normal tube/needle setup and it never got hot.

Don't know if the Vivace would also have this problem of getting hot, but if so I suggest using T-Tech instead of Hawk cartridges.

The Limey
06-29-2012, 04:45 AM
When I spoke to Ray, about using T-tech/Hawk cartridges he recommended switching from the superlube grease supplied to the oil, worth a try if you are getting heat build up or having to flick the slider to start your machine.

hellraiser6662
06-29-2012, 05:00 AM
At 150 pounds for the grip in England then the price of hawk needles at 30 a box of 10. The machines heating u sounds like a expensive failure waiting to happen. Unless hawk needles are about to come down in price or t-tech gets a seller in England I dont see the point.

The Limey
06-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Depends which grip you buy, the non adjustable one is only $34.99 + Shipping from Painful Pleasures (http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=8455&cat=422&page=1)

At 150 pounds for the grip in England then the price of hawk needles at 30 a box of 10. The machines heating u sounds like a expensive failure waiting to happen. Unless hawk needles are about to come down in price or t-tech gets a seller in England I dont see the point.

hellraiser6662
06-29-2012, 05:35 AM
God England is always so behind with stuff it does my head in haha dts wont be getting these in for another 10 years hahahah or any body else to that matter on are green isle. And if they do we'll be ripped off by the price

The Limey
06-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Well, look what I just found in the UK (http://www.killerinktattoo.co.uk/products/cheyenne-hawk/cheyenne-hawk-94/cheyenne-hawk-fixed-19mm-stainless-steel-grip-for-standard-machine-use/)...

God England is always so behind with stuff it does my head in haha dts wont be getting these in for another 10 years hahahah or any body else to that matter on are green isle. And if they do we'll be ripped off by the price

hellraiser6662
06-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Yep ive just ordered it from killerink hahaha and only 22 pounds bloody hell im stunned

The Limey
06-29-2012, 05:53 AM
LOL Ditto!

daibead
06-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Killer Ink are on the ball with most new products like the hawk grips etc compared to DTS. Picked up a few of the fixed grips a couple of weeks ago.

e_Bangs
06-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Is that grip wrapped by something looks bigger than the 25mm

studio88
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
When I spoke to Ray, about using T-tech/Hawk cartridges he recommended switching from the superlube grease supplied to the oil, worth a try if you are getting heat build up or having to flick the slider to start your machine.

Well, I'm using a tube labelled "super lube multi-purpose synthetic based oil with PTFE". Is that what you're referring to? And I"m using a Bishop, not Neotat, although they are basically the same thing.

I've used the Bishop with normal everyday tube/tip/grip/needle setup, it works fine. It only has this heating up problem if I try to use it with Hawk cartridges. Needless to say I will not be running it like that anymore. I will try it with T-tech, see if that eliminates the problem.

And speaking of t-tech, they are out of stock on almost all their cartridges. Another poster here shared an email back in early May, where t-tech stated they'd be restocking in about 4 weeks. Well it's been over 8 now WTF.

If I'm going to be a regular user of the product, I need the damn product. Pretty lame.

Administrator
06-30-2012, 02:58 AM
Two things that can usually cause the heat are the glide and the return spring. If you run it with the ttech system it has a elastic in the tip like a return spring. if noise will not bother you try running it without the spring in the machine. the elastic on the tip should return it to 12 o'clock but the machine may start to make some noise when you run it.

no spring will not harm the machine if you run it with a normal tip and tube needle combo it will just be loud and can stop in the 6 o'clock position so be aware when you are handling it can have the business end sticking out when its not running.

i hope this makes sense. its late i spent the evening on a patio and im typing on my phone.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

studio88
06-30-2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks admin, yes it makes sense. I think you're right, the machine now has to push down 2 springs when using Hawk/T-Tech. The Hawk spring tension is higher, requires more force, I think this is causing the strain on the motor. I will try with T-Tech, hopefully since they move easier it won't heat up.

The Limey
06-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Yep, that's the stuff! I only had issues using my long stroke Neotat but it was with both Hawk & T-Tech cartridges.

Well, I'm using a tube labelled "super lube multi-purpose synthetic based oil with PTFE". Is that what you're referring to? And I"m using a Bishop, not Neotat, although they are basically the same thing.

I've used the Bishop with normal everyday tube/tip/grip/needle setup, it works fine. It only has this heating up problem if I try to use it with Hawk cartridges. Needless to say I will not be running it like that anymore. I will try it with T-tech, see if that eliminates the problem.

And speaking of t-tech, they are out of stock on almost all their cartridges. Another poster here shared an email back in early May, where t-tech stated they'd be restocking in about 4 weeks. Well it's been over 8 now WTF.

If I'm going to be a regular user of the product, I need the damn product. Pretty lame.

bmerck11
07-06-2012, 02:27 AM
I used it with my Capo RCA and the flex grip spun when tilted on its side! And changes needle depth along with it. It's also longer than t tech grip so alittle more cramped when tattooing shoulder/neck area. I would go t tech.....they just need to keep carts available more often.

tattooedjim
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
I have been in contact with T-Tech and in late July early August they will be coming out with a new tip design and disposable tubes to use with the tips. That is the reason for them not having a lot in stock. Also the HM La Nina I just got, works great as an all around machine. Lined and shaded this today with a T-Tech tube and needles. First time using this set up11767