PDA

View Full Version : Centri owner poll

Cyberitual
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, if you own a Centri i would love to know if you ever use your stroke adjuster and if you ever use your clip cord terminals. Im only curious as to how much these options are getting use or if it is just excess weight thats not needed. If i was to eliminate these features i could sell them for LESS as the material and assembly time would be cut down.

I personaly never use clip cords or my stroke adjuster as i just raise or lower my voltage per application. Anyways i would love some feedback on this. Thanks again.

artoftatt2
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't use clipcord or stroke adjustment on mine

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?d3v2cw

asA
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Only use RCA. And I keep it at its longest stroke. So you could eliminate clip cords and stroke length and I wouldn't notice.

Tkocevar1
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree I do use a clip cord but only for bouncing back to my coils ...just haven't felt like buying all this little adapter things. But I'm not a fan of the stroke adjuster since voltage does the trick

Sage Oz
05-24-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm planning to order very soon, was actually going to ask for RCA only to save weight and reduce clutter since I never use clipcords and don't see a reason to have em'. They're vestigial a organs nowadays, though some like the flexibility I don't see a need. I don't think I'd use the stroke adjuster much either...

Cyberitual
05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
I could knock it down to $540.00 without those additions!

Sinnersink
05-24-2012, 03:05 PM
I only use rca and never using the stroke adjuster

tugg
05-24-2012, 04:04 PM
i only use the rca .I fucked about with the stroke when I first got it but have left it full out since

tatu richie
05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
i only use rca. and dont really matter about the stroke. yet others only use clip. so maybe when artists make order ask what they perfer? clip or rca and still sell at the good price?

reigningink
05-24-2012, 05:07 PM
I actually use my stroke adjuster quite a bit. Between color packing, blending, and short stroke black and grey. so, I guess im old school since I still use the clip chord too. Im just not an rca fan. Love my centri. Best investment I ever made. And honestly I would pay the extra just to have all the options... Just my opinion.

slicksteel
05-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Yea I say keep it at the full price for the full setup and have a box on your site were you can choose the no frills version in rca or clipcord -when I get the extra do I would want the deluxe as its nice to if your cord goes out and you have the other type or if on some days you want to run a coil/rotary mix as most coils are set for clipcord.Also sometimes you might want to set the machine up with a harder shorter stroke.

Sage Oz
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Yeh it would be nice to have the option of a custom setup. I want mine with RCA only but with the adjuster. Could set up your site with those options, Dan Kubin has a good one for that...

Cyberitual
05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
If I make them completely optional it would generate delay times till the client would recieve the machines though do to individual customization in assembly. I cant go home and bust out 50 I would have to make time daily to assembly and that will destroy my family. I don't know, I'm leaning towards a more simple system and keeping a more reasonable price. I will go over it tonight and see what is feasible. Check these out, a gift to myself... 10567

slicksteel
05-25-2012, 01:47 AM
you could have the simple ones in stock and have a two week lead time for the deluxe ones.:)

Administrator
05-25-2012, 02:00 AM
If I make them completely optional it would generate delay times till the client would recieve the machines though do to individual customization in assembly. I cant go home and bust out 50 I would have to make time daily to assembly and that will destroy my family. I don't know, I'm leaning towards a more simple system and keeping a more reasonable price. I will go over it tonight and see what is feasible. Check these out, a gift to myself... 10567

Very clever, that's a nice gift. There are machines out there that are exclusively RCA or clipcord if you choose only one I doubt it would hurt you that much. Its not like you have a proprietary cable connection, RCA is easy to come by.

Sage Oz
05-25-2012, 02:32 AM
It's a futuristic style of machine and i think should have modern hardware. I don't understand clipcords besides nostalgia, in practice they tend to create breaks in power flow. I haven't had a single problem with RCAs and to be honest I think we should be using 1/8 phono plugs. They are lighter, more flexible, and have a positive locking connection.

asA
05-25-2012, 02:36 AM
It's a futuristic style of machine and i think should have modern hardware. I don't understand clipcords besides nostalgia, in practice they tend to create breaks in power flow. I haven't had a single problem with RCAs and to be honest I think we should be using 1/8 phono plugs. They are lighter, more flexible, and have a positive locking connection.Agreed on the 1/8 mono plug being ideal.

JCarlton
05-25-2012, 03:38 AM
RCA all the way and I have never needed to mess with the stroke, Its perfect.

MAD DOG
05-26-2012, 04:37 PM
this is mad dog , get in touch with me your site isnt working at this moment so im here trying to reach you i am the owner of #50 . you have all my contact info . Thanks richie has it right ask what they want , some rca jacks arent made the same and dont fit as tight as others matter of fact your machine is case in point the centuri has a smaller jack than the rest of my rca machines , but clips are clips and fit in most machines .....so an option is best .

Cyberitual
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
What do you guys think about the tension bar so far? It uses a compressed spring to pull down on the needle bar. The Centri doesnt need alot of tension just enough to stablize your needle at the tip of the tube. 11260112611126211263

asA
06-16-2012, 07:11 PM
That's pretty sweet!

Sage Oz
06-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Clean bro! How is the tension adjustable?

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

slicksteel
06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Very smart looking idea! realy flows with the look of the frame.

artoftatt2
06-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Sweet I'll take one

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q0dcd5

Sage Oz
06-17-2012, 02:10 AM
How much more are the Tensioners going to cost? And when will they be available and will they come in matching colors?

Cyberitual
06-17-2012, 02:39 AM
Not sure for price i have to make a prototype first make sure it works good and then go over the numbers with my machinest. Not sure if i want to color them though. If i did it would be black or just left metal. the two parts slide through each other really tight, when you anodize you have to take in the width of the actuall anodize and gets pretty tough to mate to parts that slide inside each other. We will see, this was just a heads up and see you guys liked the look of it.

Bishopbyname
06-17-2012, 04:35 AM
I like the bare metal look of it. Seems like a great idea and looks like it's always been on the machine. One of these will definitely be my next purchase! :)

Cyberitual
06-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Just a heads up there are only 6 green Centri's left.

Sage Oz
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Glad I got mine! Can't wait....:D

asA
06-17-2012, 09:42 PM
I wanna mix the top of a green or red one and the bottom of my black one... I'm so tempted to buy another centri. I'll have to grab another real real soon.

Sage Oz
06-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I wanna mix the top of a green or red one and the bottom of my black one... I'm so tempted to buy another centri. I'll have to grab another real real soon.

A two tone black and green has been on my mind too... I'm gonna be on the lookout for a black one...

tugg
07-13-2012, 04:27 PM
May I just give big props to cyberitual aka Mike of Centri tattoo machines for outstanding customer service. I recently sent my machine back to Mike as it was running intermitently but more importantly for the updates to be made to my machine as I have an early model.
All I can say is wow,this machine is even better than b4 ,I even got a Centri t shirt and return postage absolutely free of charge.Thanks Mike
Carlsberg don't build tattoo machines but if they did...

Cyberitual
07-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Glad your happy with it bro!

tattoosteve
01-22-2014, 03:40 AM
I want to order. Is there any red in stock?