PDA

View Full Version : my switch-a-nator

hellraiser6662
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
hello this is a box ive used for over 2 years ive developed it over the 2 years, i just helps using 3 machines more easier then keep pulling the clip cord out the back, i make them in very small batches of 10, its just something that could make your life a little eaiser, its on my site and you can paypal it and get a free t shirt as well, its £70 pounds all in each unit takes a good two hours to make so i dont think £70 pounds is unreasonble
www.hewydesigns.com
thanks for looking

http://youtu.be/NutJPEQmJBE

Wonderland
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Good to see the same idea i have used for all my machines. Mine has 4 ports for machines. Good job!

gangstajay
05-25-2012, 09:07 AM
thats cool... I think it was Pulse tattoo that makes one of those and sells it.

tatu richie
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
nifty

Sinnersink
05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
U only sell packs of ten? u don't sell singles?

Sage Oz
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I made myself one of those(eerily similar) boxes about a year ago. Makes changing machines super easy and quick, I'll take a pic of mine when I get to the shop

JohnnyChaos
05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Looks good. I use a guitar channel selector footswitch for the same thing, but means I dont have to touch anything with my hands :)

asA
05-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I would have all my cords tangled and in knots 15 in minutes.

hellraiser6662
05-25-2012, 06:23 PM
U only sell packs of ten? u don't sell singles?
I only make 10 at a time, yes I sell them 1 @ a time if you want one.

Sinnersink
05-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Yea i would like one bro. Would really be Nice!

Sage Oz
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/4ca415ea-87fa-0b66.jpg here's my all RadioShack store made one. Took about an hour or so to figure out and make. I also used 3 switches and ports, I highly recommend having one. ASA you get used to the cords after a bit, I got twisted a lot for the first week but been way easier since then no more switching over. I just put barrier film over the front as far as having to touch things but that guitar switch idea is pretty sweet too...

asA
05-26-2012, 11:18 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/4ca415ea-87fa-0b66.jpg here's my all RadioShack store made one. Took about an hour or so to figure out and make. I also used 3 switches and ports, I highly recommend having one. ASA you get used to the cords after a bit, I got twisted a lot for the first week but been way easier since then no more switching over. I just put barrier film over the front as far as having to touch things but that guitar switch idea is pretty sweet too...Using ttechs I don't switch machines, haha. Also swapping RCAs seem easier than baggin 3 clip cords and a switchy dewhicky and trying not to tie my cords in a knot. it's cool to tinker and build stuff though.

turnrock
05-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Hellraiser the way you say "the switchinaaatooor!” has been stuck in my head for a couple of days now lol.

Stripe
05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
I made a double box like this, it makes tattooing much easier. 2 cords are easy to manage, I can see how 3 or 4 could get tricky.
My next project is to build a multi switch and foot peddle plug into the base of a Tat Soul chair.

Wonderland
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM

Here is my Switch-A-Nator! Could not live with out it.

Stripe
06-02-2012, 11:55 PM
10817This is the first one I built a few months ago. After seeing the ones you guys built I want to move the switch to the top. Then I can use the center hole for another plug.

Wonderland
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
10817This is the first one I built a few months ago. After seeing the ones you guys built I want to move the switch to the top. Then I can use the center hole for another plug.

I have one with the switch on the side as well and I personally did not like it there. I also have magnets on the bottom of mine to help it stick to the stainless top of my station

Stripe
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
I have one with the switch on the side as well and I personally did not like it there. I also have magnets on the bottom of mine to help it stick to the stainless top of my station
I attached mine to the side of a cabinet with heavy duty velcro. Not sure if it is it's permanent home or not. I'm thinking about mounting it under the tattoo chair so I don't have cords passing me...

Wonderland
06-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I attached mine to the side of a cabinet with heavy duty velcro. Not sure if it is it's permanent home or not. I'm thinking about mounting it under the tattoo chair so I don't have cords passing me...

That could be a good idea, to the base right? So the cords don't wrap around the chair as well.

Stripe
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
That could be a good idea, to the base right? So the cords don't wrap around the chair as well.
Yes to the base is the plan as of now. Then run a stage quality guitar cord from the power supply to the box. That should be strong enough to stop damage from rolling over it.
A couple of my artists have the older style TatSoul chairs. I want to build the box right into the fiberglass base. I have the parts, someday I'll get the time to put it all together...

Wonderland
06-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes to the base is the plan as of now. Then run a stage quality guitar cord from the power supply to the box. That should be strong enough to stop damage from rolling over it.
A couple of my artists have the older style TatSoul chairs. I want to build the box right into the fiberglass base. I have the parts, someday I'll get the time to put it all together...

that would be cool to have it in the base. I have the non-fiberglass covered base, I may try the "SWITCH-A-NATOR" Down there and see if I like it.

Nedz
06-04-2012, 06:07 AM
I will take one if you have got any available.

Wonderland
06-04-2012, 07:02 AM
I will take one if you have got any available.

They are really not that hard to make, just wires and plugs and switches. Mine are all RCA connections at the box and machine, so it would not work for most other setups.

hellraiser6662
06-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok I think its a pain trying to order off my website I need to make it a little clearer on it so the best way is to just use paypal the normal way with my email addy. Which is [email protected] and i'll throw in a free t-shirt of my new design haha the deal braker.