PDA

View Full Version : Linework with my new Bishop Capo

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-26-2012, 12:10 PM
I got a chance the use my new Capo last night. I love the way this machine runs! Feels good n powerful and is still smooth with minimal vibration. I put in the 4.2 stroke cam to line with. I DEFINITELY like the 4.2's for lining! I had to keep my hand speed down to get single pass lines (I think I'll try bumping the voltage next time).
This is the tree/cross design I was talking with you guys about a few weeks back. The foliage will be mag work, so I just mapped in basic shapes for reference. I can't wait to get back into this and shade it! I love organic textures so this will be fun.

Lined with: 4.2 Bishop Capo (run at 8.5v), 5rl, Talens, and washes cut from Talens.

Sage Oz
05-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks great, I like how you incorporated the cross. Are you going to do some finer roots?

DiarrheaSuitcase
05-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Looks great, I like how you incorporated the cross. Are you going to do some finer roots?

Thanks man. It def seemed like the best way to get that cross in there without making stuff look retarded or just weird. The oval and the cross will have a stone texture to it so it will look different from the tree's texture once the shading session takes place.
In some of my original drawings I had some of the finer roots, but it looked really cluttered and busy. I normally have a hard time applying the "less is more" theory, so I forced myself to do that here just to be safe. I might throw some in there after we shade it all on if it looks like it won't take away from the design.

Wonderland
05-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Great job, cant wait to see the finished product.

kep
05-27-2012, 01:34 PM
very nice..have yet to line with my capo ..but looks like it does a nice job

FRANCO VESCOVI
05-28-2012, 01:29 AM
looks good, I agree the 4.2 is best for a liner!!

puffreis
06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
are the different stroke cams included when you purchase a capo ?

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
are the different stroke cams included when you purchase a capo ?

Included, no. But you can special order a second cam when you order. I don't remember what he charged me for it. You should talk to Franco for pricing if you're interested.

puffreis
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
ah ok, thanks for the quick reply.