PDA

View Full Version : Dino Casarin Adjustable Bazooka.

skinmech
05-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I am not associated with Dino Casarin, or the Iron factory in any way, this is my impartial view, and the opinions are mine, and mine alone....With that out of the way...

I got this Machine direct from the iron factory recently, I really, really like the standard "no give" Bazooka, so this was potentially a step up, and could offer more possibilities, depending on how you like to run your Machines, and what system you prefer, either Give or no Give... I like to keep an open mind, and view all possibilities, and options, the only thing that can sometimes, limit a Machines ability is the users mind set.

So with slight apprehension, I set off with some light blending, please bear in mind, ANY, adjustable Machine I run, I tend to look on as a Colour Machine, so this is Review is 95% based on the Colouring abilities of the Machine.

Let me explain the Give system on this Machine, as it is so similar to various other builds, in that it uses a "knob" to control the force of hit, tighten down to increase hit, slacken off to decrease force of hit....Nedz, D/Fly, RW Springer, Hyper V2, etc etc all work on the same principle...Is the Adjustable Bazooka any different, that is a comforting NO...It hits as hard as an RW, and is infinitely adjustable as the D/Fly...On the control knob there are 2 circles, these are your guides...Tighten the knob down fully, and you have a full throttle balls out hard hitting mofo Bazooka..., turn it slightly to slacken it off, and the give factor kicks in, almost seamless.There is a further full 2 turns plus, of adjustment....This Machine does not "feel" to have the same 4mm+ stroke as the Standard Bazooka, seems about 3.5mm+...

How does it run....I suggest you read carefully..This is only a guide, how I work with regards to handspeed, needle hang, voltage, etc, etc may be different from you, so, please bear this in mind...

6V is approx 45-50 cps, and you can adjust the hit, for super soft blends....even if you tighten it down, you are still only "feathering" the skin...
7V is approx 60+ cps, and to Pack/Saturate colour adjust the knob to suit...
8v - 9v's+ is the cps where Shading/B&G/Lining is down to the individual, and their abilities...

In summation,,,,,,This Machine is a step up from the original Bazooka, it is easier to control and you can adjust it to suit your style, or the task in hand... The Adjustable Bazooka, is almost like an introduction to the 3 Machines in this Series...I still prefer the no-nonsense, grab and go Bazooka, but, people who prefer some give, will prefer this model, don't overlook it....

Oh, and for Lining, think adjustable knob tightened down fully, dial in 9ish volts, 7rl, and away you go, very similar to a RW.....

As always, any questions, ask away...

Sage Oz
06-24-2012, 04:21 PM
K, I had to chime in as I recently got a very pretty Maserati red bazooka in trade from Throwhammers. I used it the other day to redo a chest rocker that one of my regular customers had gotten at a famous seattle tattoo shop and wasn't overly happy with. Anyways the bazooka got fitted with a 9rlt and away I went. Gotta say I was very impressed by smooth solid and clean 1 pass lines with zero learning curve. It was like I was using a Cranker, my favorite liner to date. Not sure how he was able to get so much out of such a tiny machine with such a tiny motor, but there it was. It is very similar in overall shape to a dragonfly, but has a unique frame, and is definately NOT a firefly rebuild. This little Italian stallion will be staying in my collection for a long time me thinks...
Only real gripe is that it's not RCA, yet ;)

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

skinmech
06-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Solid machine+knowledge+experience= Endless possibilities... Only a lack of one of the first three ingredients, will fuk up the recipe....