PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered A Rapier Machine

aevilla
01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I just ordered my rapier today! I cant wait to use it, i'l be posting up some pictures once I use it tomorrow. Cary is a rad dude, he has great customer service and he'll even stay on the phone with you until all your questions are answered. He even gave me advice on some of my other rotaries.

Ink Pagoda
01-18-2011, 03:00 PM
You wont be disappointed , Its the best Machine I ever used.

merky
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
it is a nice machine and light

The Limey
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Another thumbs up from me too, very forgiving machines to use.

elbo
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
They look cool...whats the difference between the original and the mk2 model ?????..they look very tempting.

Administrator
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
We need to get Cary to make a post with a full explanation on his differences between the Rapier One and Two. I see that posted a lot.

fatcashdaddy
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
We need to get Cary to make a post with a full explanation on his differences between the Rapier One and Two. I see that posted a lot.

When I got the opportunity to get a rapier I from a friend I wrote to cary and asked him what the difference between the I and II was... He told me that the stroke was different and there were some internal changes from the I to the II but he didn't want to reveal any "secrets"...
the Rapier I came in 2 versions. the grey one was a 4mm stroke (color/shading) and the black one was 3mm (lining). the Rapier II is a 3.5mm stroke I believe and a more versatile machine, good for both lining and shading...
I've also read from others that the rapier II runs at lower voltages and is a bit quieter than the rapier I. thats what I've been told, I have no direct knowledge of that. I can say that I run my rapier I at 7 volts and everyone I know that has the II run theirs at 4-5 volts..Then again, I have the 4mm Rapier I which was made for shading and I line with it and love the lines it puts in...so maybe I'm just ass backwards,lol...

slicksteel
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I had the 3mm rapier one ,Have the 4mm #1 and a hybrid which is the motor form the #1 and the front from the #2.
I can line shade color with them all. But like the 4mm for lines, the 3mm #1 for color and the #2 for shading.The motor is the same only the can has changed taller inback if you want rca installed & a taller rubber band holder. Also the rapier #2 has a longer slider rail frame to protect the mechinasim.(bishop has litttle-sticks way out!)
Allso the chuck on the #is made a bit differnt longer as it has a screw with head that goes from the inside out(henc the need for a longer chuck houseing and slider. The rapier #1 has a headless allen screw the goes from the front.
When I talked to cary he told me when he first desighned it that he wanted it as light as possible and that is why it had the first chuck,smaller motorhouseing & smaller rail.
I notice that the 4mm take the most volts and is not as subtle so it better for lining whites and solid color fields where that is not as important.The #1 3mm is a great color shading & whip shading machine as it is a bit more subtle and faster at less volts. The Rapier two seems to execl at BnG and and fineling and is the most sensitive yet tends to speeds up alot when u use more volts-So not as good for realy big mags were you want about the same speed but more punch.
Hope this has helped!

tattooedpirate2
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
What more can I say. I have another spring option that slows the motor down at higher voltage for the bigger mags if anyone is in need of the springs. I sell them for $8.00 and I also have a slower motor I can install custom with more torque at lower voltages for the people wanting the big block model so to speak. The internal parts are springs and measurements in the return spring hole. In the Rapier II we solved a few things I didn't like in the Rapier I. The slide rails and the return spring hole depth was to deep for quick return on the up stroke. The tube vise on the Rapier I was for metal tubes only and with everyone using different disposable tubes we had to redesign the tube vise with a wider adjustment to accept any kind of tube. I am in the process of making new cranks with 3 different strokes to do eveything to satisfy the masses and their tastes.[2.5mm3.2mm4.2mm] We also have the new prototype design ready to go I am going to do a run of 10 for testing. I will be selling 6 of these to a few key people and one will be done in a raffle. As soon as I get back from the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention I will be doing the Prototypes. Thanks for all the people who use my machines. I listen to what you guys and gals have to say and build accordingly to satisfy you guys needs.

slicksteel
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Cool cary hope i did not step on any toes -was just trying to help.Hey will one of those 2.5 cranks work on the rapier1 4mm?
So basicly it sounds like i could set them up just like coil machines-shader,packer,liner o joy!!!!Keep up the good work!

fatcashdaddy
01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
same here cary, just passing on what i could to help out...and where can I get my raffle ticket?...

The Limey
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
same here cary, just passing on what i could to help out...and where can I get my raffle ticket?...

Ditto!

Alie K
01-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Ditto!

Haha! Ditto X 2!

slicksteel
01-19-2011, 12:10 PM
triple ditto on that note!

tattooedpirate2
01-20-2011, 08:47 AM
I will be getting the tickets today from Party City and give them out shortly. I've been so busy building and getting ready for the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention. We had the design computer crash and had to wait to get it fixed to get the bids on the new machine parts. I hate when that happens, it holds everything up. I'm hoping the new motors and parts are done at about the same time for testing. I will get the tickets to each person for the drawing. I'm hoping by the end of spring for the summer busy season. There will be 4 different springs for the needle give just like coil machines.

Neo
02-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Wait so we can buy springs to change out in the rapier 2's for 8$ ? Anyone do this

Sage Oz
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Whoo-hoo! a raffle! Even better the word "prototype". That's one of my favorite words...
What use is the prototype primarily meant for or is it an all around badass like the rapier II?
Ooo, ooo, can we see a spy pic?
Is it going to be called "the Cutter", "the Captain's hook", or the "Scallywag"?

jboo75
02-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Hahaha yeah I'm sold already and don't need to see it I want two! I'll prepay ... I've tried most and use my rapiers everyday.