PDA

View Full Version : diablo rotary

biggboy
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
10775seen this on friction tattoo supply..Two versions, a premium Japanese motor will be around $250-$300 and the Swiss motor version will be $350-$400. Very good pricing considering this is a fully adjustable and is in the same league as the Stigmas and Dragonflys!also says u.s. made and lifetime warranty..anybody know??

Wonderland
06-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Where did you see this on the website? I was just there and could not find it?

The Limey
06-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Its on their Facebook page.

Sinnersink
06-02-2012, 06:16 PM
anyone tried it out? how do u know its in the same league as stigma and dragonfly?

Tkocevar1
06-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Because they said so and people never lie

vsprotoss
06-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Looks promising but will have to see how it is when out but definitely interesting.

No Iron Machines
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
LIFETIME WARRANTY is impossible on THE MOTOR, becouse any motor have LIFE calculated in HOURS OF WORK, so even the best best DC MOTOR in the world gonna end up one day....... probable the LIFETIME is about the FRAME, this ok....

look cool...

tattoosteve
06-03-2012, 03:52 AM
I say whatever .. Friction is nothing more than Polished China turd. Its the same stuff just repackaged and re labeled. If you hate the China rip offs then ban them as well.

darkness
06-03-2012, 05:31 AM
its only a 3d rendering with keyshot ... so i can render any machine put not real and no about the technics and league. Any motor has a lifetime most 20.000 h hours !

arte
06-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree with no iron machines, to offer a lifetime warranty is ridiculous , they are not going to be able to hold their promise of a lifetime warranty or they will go bankrupt, at the end the customer will have the problem.
ARTEMIS FROM STIGMA

vsprotoss
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Checked out the facebook and it says "lifetime on body, one year on parts" so that should put everything to rest. yea, it's just a 3d rendering so should be interesting to see if this thing really comes to life.

fkirons
06-05-2012, 08:38 AM
For the little I see in that rendering nothing that we have seen already.
Lifetime warranty is absurd for a rotary. I wish my iPhone came with lifetime warranty as well as I broke 2 this year.

No Iron Machines
06-10-2012, 12:33 AM
since CHINA start copy the DRAGONFLY start comeout on the market many similar machines, with same TENSION NEEDLES, same small round black motor, same give adjustment screw
IS THAT CASUALLY OR HAVE SOMETHING BEHIND ?????

nobody have see this machines yet, rite ????? ok, u gonna see when him start sale have a model WHITE PAINT, not ANODIZED, becouse the alluminium cannot anodized WHITE

also ceck very well the quality of the FRAME, that is realy MADE in USA must be PERFECT CNC machined or PERFECT MOLD INJECTION , cannot have small imperfection on the frame

WHO WANNA UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND.....

No Iron Machines
06-10-2012, 12:39 AM
another thing, they say 2 VERSION OF THIS MACHINE, SWISS MOTOR VERSION adn PREMIUM JAPANESE MOTOR VERSION

CAN U PLEASE THIS GUY TELL US THE MODEL AND BRAND NAME OF THE JAPANESE COMPANY PRODUCE THIS MOTORS ????????

fkirons
06-10-2012, 02:34 PM
If anyone finds any motor other than Maxon and Faulhber of similar dimension as the the 216000 hit me up.
I've researched many motors and haven't found anything like these two.

wonder_glasses
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
got a link to thier facebook site? cant find it...

Bruce Gulick
07-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Used a Diablo+ today to re-line an entire sleeve I had started with coils five years ago..liked it a lot. Hauled ass across the whole arm and made crisp smooth lines (7 round) About an ounce heavier than the dragonfly, same basic setup but maybe a little louder. Lines beautifully at 7 volts and the give out just a little. Really sexy machine (my client's words). Can't see anything wrong with it at all..after a log some more hours on it I'll write a full review.

slicksteel
07-16-2012, 12:04 AM
here ya guys go this company has been selling them for 2months already ,They are in AZ to.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIREFLY-GEN-3-ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-adjustable-dampening-liner-shader-SILVER-/270976380824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17736f98 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIREFLY-GEN-3-ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-adjustable-dampening-liner-shader-SILVER-/270976380824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17736f98)

vsprotoss
07-16-2012, 05:00 AM
here ya guys go this company has been selling them for 2months already ,They are in AZ to.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIREFLY-GEN-3-ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-adjustable-dampening-liner-shader-SILVER-/270976380824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17736f98 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIREFLY-GEN-3-ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-adjustable-dampening-liner-shader-SILVER-/270976380824?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f17736f98)

Slicksteel, the ebay product is not the same. I am ashamed to admit I bought this so called Firefly gen3 which runs the same as the firefly (weak) but in a different body with RCA (basically was tricked by this Dennis asshat who claims it is totally different). I was told by Friction that their frame was leaked to this guy which happened to be copied by china but obviously from the picture, it's using all these cheap parts and just looks cheap. The final diablo looks pretty different and runs totally different as in it's smoother. it also happens to use all metal parts where as this so called firefly gen3 uses plastic cheap parts and the motor sucks.

so back to the diablo, I, similar to bruce's situation, believe was one of the few that was offered their first machine because I was one of the first storm customers. This diablo is great, it's almost like a combo dragonfly and stigma fly. As gaston said though, it is nothing revolutionary or that we havent seen but sort of a cleaned up version of what the Fly should have been with a little bit of a Dragonfly touch... but the machine is a beauty. I also plan to write a review on this thing but was told not to release pictures until it's officially out.

slicksteel
07-16-2012, 10:51 AM
cool,I use there needles which are some of the best around.

biggboy
07-27-2012, 06:51 PM
12161photo of diablo from friction tattoo supply.

slicksteel
07-27-2012, 07:05 PM
what is going to be the price on this machine ?

Eturnus
07-27-2012, 07:26 PM
250 machubi motor 400 swiss version. Been waiting for it to come out but i think ill wait a bit i dont want to be a test dummy.

Sarenity Tattoo
07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
I like the thumb screw. thats about it, otherwise it's very boring. same drive system and setup as so many, maybe ill run through it on a trade someday.

Eturnus
07-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Very true. But i think friction is trying to get into business / competition with the big boys. So better off playing it safe than sorry.

Wonderland
07-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Im sure it will run well enough, but i dont like the big "DIABLO" down the side. If it was less pronounced then maybe I would consider it. I know its nit picking, but I debadge my cars as well.

vsprotoss
07-27-2012, 08:34 PM
I like the details, the fact that all the parts are metal makes me think of quality. I do agree it is not revolutionary but hell at those prices, it's a good buy

slicksteel
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I like the details, the fact that all the parts are metal makes me think of quality. I do agree it is not revolutionary but hell at those prices, it's a good buy
is the one you have the swiss motor with fancy body cutouts one the standand one.
I am think on getting the standard for color and the faster swiss one for a liner.I like the looks of these, have more weight forward then the dragonfly.

Eturnus
07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Im sure it will run well enough, but i dont like the big "DIABLO" down the side. If it was less pronounced then maybe I would consider it. I know its nit picking, but I debadge my cars as well.

Yeah i do the same thing with my cars.

vsprotoss
07-27-2012, 09:17 PM
is the one you have the swiss motor with fancy body cutouts one the standand one.

haha, I dont have one yet. just seeing this first time too. i like the metal details as far as the adjustment knob, the thumb vice, and even the needle tensioner, i gusss i like those chrome parts. i will def get one and have to try it out.

fkirons
07-28-2012, 01:02 AM
i guess is accepted now to go ahead and rip off everything out there and call it a different name and proclaim you came up with a new product. That machine is a copy of the dragon fly with a slight twist. Jeez ...I can't take this anymore.

Sage Oz
07-28-2012, 03:13 AM
^^^
hey don't stress Gaston, it's no real competition for the Halo, but people like having their choices, even if it's just another of the same old' thing. You have to expect that there are lots of supply companies that want a piece of that big rotary pie.

slicksteel
07-28-2012, 03:30 AM
^^^
hey don't stress Gaston, it's no real competition for the Halo, but people like having their choices, even if it's just another of the same old' thing. You have to expect that there are lots of supply companies that want a piece of that big rotary pie.
I totally agree! I think they have came up with a nice looking machine that seems to have improved on the dragonfly-every thing that is used on a rotary etc has all been done in some type of other application. A piston,a slider,a chuck is all taken from the past an improved upon.Were would we be with out it!, still in the dark ages with that type of thinking!!
At least they are not doing a exact ripoff(which is fucked up) that is using the name brand. Can you imagine the same family owning all the rights to the wheel,a shoe, a tv, etc etc.!?
I think alot of current builders have ripped of the tattoo pirate-cary he came out with all this shit many years ago that all current builders act they invented/created and get all ass bent over.

Sage Oz
07-28-2012, 03:44 AM
Exactly, I don't see a dragonfly as much as I see a treasure chest. Cary definitely introduced most of us to this platform...

Eturnus
07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I would like to buy one of carys machines. Fixed adjustability sounds like the best option for me.

No Iron Machines
07-28-2012, 05:48 PM
the STANDARD motor version is not MABUCHI

MABUCHI don produce any motor with that size....JUST FOR REMENBER...

cblevins
07-28-2012, 07:17 PM
I think it rather funny that those proposing to have run these machines and are LOVING it have some kind of connection to friction. My boss his hands on one and he DOES NOT care for it.
He has ALL the rotaries that are worth and by that I mean not chinese knock offs.
It DOESN'T line as well as previously stated. It shades fairly well.
Boss saiys the all metal parts are to make up for lack of motor.
FK, Dragonfly, IMPACT, Bishop, Neo, Blitz, Stigma etc. HAVE NO WORRIES with this machine. same ol same ol boss says...cheap imitation wanna be and sure there are plenty of scratchers will buy it so they have a machine that LOOKS like one of the big boys.

Eturnus
07-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I think it rather funny that those proposing to have run these machines and are LOVING it have some kind of connection to friction. My boss his hands on one and he DOES NOT care for it.
He has ALL the rotaries that are worth and by that I mean not chinese knock offs.
It DOESN'T line as well as previously stated. It shades fairly well.
Boss saiys the all metal parts are to make up for lack of motor.
FK, Dragonfly, IMPACT, Bishop, Neo, Blitz, Stigma etc. HAVE NO WORRIES with this machine. same ol same ol boss says...cheap imitation wanna be and sure there are plenty of scratchers will buy it so they have a machine that LOOKS like one of the big boys.

and with that, i have confired that i want rapier II machines :)

Dreviltattoo
07-28-2012, 11:16 PM
i think at this point it has just become a form factor. just like the swiss rotary was copied into a stealth and a storm etc etc. i bet there are plenty of people on here using those. the bottom line is you get what you pay for. if you want quality then spend the money. i'm glad i'm using air and there isn't a new machine every week. i would rather spend my time working on technique rather than spending my time learning how to use a new machine. it seems like a vicious circle of never-ending rotaries. always buying and trading just costs time and money.

aedmonds
07-29-2012, 06:16 PM
OK, ill say it. builders need to pull their undies out of their asses about this kind of thing. Tattoo machines are simple and theres a small handful of standard ways to make them, most differences are cosmetic or quality.. Be it coils or rotaries.... especially rotarys ! its already been done and none of its too damn special. Its one thing to make a carbon copy of a machine..that sucks bad. But quite frankly theres alot of people out there who think they innovated something and they are full of crap. Go build a damn plasma tv or a GPS by hand and sell it for 300 bucks and ill be impressed. For god sakes the bracket that holds it to the wall is more complex then any tattoo machine ever made. SO bitch about the way someone ripped of the angle you bent your soldering lugs in.....OH i point my finger at you for using a similar electrical standoff as me !!! that makes you a hack ! And i reign supreme ! GET OVER IT. Right this moment im looking at a case full of machines... they all fall into the catagory of A,B or C .. The wheel is round, you can polish it and cut new treads of reinforce it with steel, but its still a damn round wheel because thats what works.........Every new machine that comes out does not have to be a innovation does it ? Does something suck because it is not different ? Theres alot of people in this world that deserve to make a living, not just elitists. POINT IS everyone take a look at your own shit, notice how its 95% the same as everyone elses !? Yea.. cuz it is, and thats perfectly OK. Maybe i wasint very tactful with the way i said this, dont mean to offend anyone, but if did...well, then i did, im alright with that because i believe in what i said.

aedmonds
07-29-2012, 06:34 PM
im kinda pissy today, dont be offended. But please realize noone owns the sole rights to make a damn machine. And somethings in life are standardized for the good of everyone or because thats the way it works best or easiest.

Sage Oz
07-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I agree^^^

Administrator
07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
not offended but if you feel like you need to start a fight this is not the place. as a general rule if you are feeling pissy go for a walk the internet will not make you feel better.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

thesmokingmirror
07-29-2012, 09:34 PM
It is made in america and not a knockoff so i dont see any reason to hate the product aside from some politics. Bruce can you post tattoos that you have done with tbis machine?

Bruce Gulick
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM

Here's a couple taken with clients phones..the first was done entirely with the Diablo Swiss in a single 4 hour session, the Hare and Tortoise had the final color session done with it (coils for the rest). I've got more photos coming soon when I get back to Tucson and get the camera's damn USB cable, which I left without.

Kazpyr
10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
JUNK JUNK JUNK!!! Company is a joke as well!! China knockoffs!!

cagelavey
10-03-2013, 06:40 PM
i just don't understand how its a Chinese knock off and it has a mubachi motor, and a swiss motor. i owned one of these(the maxon) and to tell the truth it was areally well put together machine. all quality parts, and metal to boot. all cnc frame and everything. i traded it because i had an oppertuity to get a gen 8. i did not trade it because of maleficence or defect, i just wanted a gen 8 so bad i would have traded just about anything. and in there lies my point. a guy traded a 550 dollar machine straight up for a 400 dollar machine because he did not get on with how the gen tattooed. well i do, the diablo was a better fit for him and he loves it. yeah its not some new invention and he didn't reinvent the wheel as previously stated but i could post a half dozen other machines on this thread that implements the same mechanics as this machine does and all those machines are widely considered unique for some reason, because this spring is different, that armature is different or this give knob is different, etc. and as far as having issues with a machine and possibly having to have it fixed, there is not a machine posted on this forum that hasn't had its issues. i drive a 1997 eclipse down the road and see a 2013 porche broke down on the road, that doesn't mean because that guy fucked up or purchased a model with fucked up issues that all porches suck. a lot of times someone will fuck something up and rarely will the user accept blame for such things, just like giving a quality tattoo. how many times have you executed a primo piece only to find it was fucked up by the customer because of neglect in the way they cared for it? other times something goes wrong in the production, its just how it is. this does not make every machine bad. the one i got in 2012 is still used right across from my station and is used daily, never has it needed fixed or modified. it just seems that people develop an opinion and the next thing you know its stated as fact. we share our experiences on here, and that's cool but this elitist attitude is so frustrating. you don't have to like a product or believe that it is original and you don't have to use that product, but to call it a Chinese knock off when it is made with quality parts and the most widely excepted quality motors on the market, to me that's just a short cut to thinking.

nivek
10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I got one in a trade and have to say - decent machine.

darkness
10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
yes ..no china knockoff ... all real cnc body and good quality parts and motor - i have buy expensive machines and get no cnc body and cheap parts , so i pay for quality and not the name on the rotary !

crabink
10-04-2013, 07:18 PM
it is a ok made dragonfly knock off .....

cagelavey
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
no disrespect to any builder of these machines, but i'd say all of these machines share similar designhttp://romnedcompany.ro/images/dragonfly-tattoo-machine-canada-i4.jpghttp://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/DIABLOR.jpghttp://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t568/discovery5000/90183-black-primo-rotary-tattoo-machine_zps6a3ab6cd.jpghttp://www.radicalshop.hu/shop/images/flys.jpg

tattood
10-04-2013, 11:13 PM
no disrespect to any builder of these machines, but i'd say all of these machines share similar designhttp://romnedcompany.ro/images/dragonfly-tattoo-machine-canada-i4.jpghttp://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/DIABLOR.jpghttp://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t568/discovery5000/90183-black-primo-rotary-tattoo-machine_zps6a3ab6cd.jpghttp://www.radicalshop.hu/shop/images/flys.jpg

Exactly man, there is only so many ways to make a rotary tattoo machine...lol

slicksteel
10-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I would say the originator of all these would have to be Dragonfly-they did not copy protect anything and threw there drawings on the web-which of course everybody uses it as a blueprint to success.
Of course DF did not event screws,cranks bearings etc etc. They used ideas cobbled from other industries to build a superior tattoo machine that had never been built. The mother of all invention is to utilise what has come before and improve and reinvent it.

reigningink
10-05-2013, 03:16 AM
A note on the pictures above: I have owned every single one of those. And to be honest the differences in design and execution are quite large. The nedz actually uses a spring to drive the armature downward not the force of the piston. The fly is a slide type system, with the excenter that stays with the motor. To be honest, yes the Diablo and the dragonfly are very similar. So what? 90% of rotary tattoo machines are basically the same. Its that 10% of refinement, research, and development that make each machine its own. Pointing fingers here and there because two machines use similar tech to achieve their goal is pointless. We live in a free market country where constantly building and improving current systems and technology allow the most advanced and refined creations to succeed and those that do not evolve to fail. I will never be OK with direct knockoffs, ever. But utilizing basic systems to make a new creation, even if somewhat similar, is the way progress works. Also, the Diablo and dragonfly are in two very different price points. A Kia is not a Lexus clone, they are both automobiles by two different manufacturers who cater to different markets. .... OK I'm done, end rant.

darkness
10-05-2013, 04:47 AM
yes many machines looks similar but dont work similar and the most have only a very little change or difference... like the martini davinci or the primus too ...
for me the best knnock-off is the (sorry for all stigma fans) Stigma Prodigy and the beast . The complet beast system is design from the german evolution - but he work better on the german evolution as the sttigma and the prodigy is a child of dragonfly ,halo or the hyper ....yes cool - a better swashdrive ??

And we all buy this because stigma is a renowned company , and my experience with stigma is - they also copy still poorly. I think the Halo or the Dragonfly is the better choice as the prodigy ...and the gen8 or every other gen7 ,gen6 better as the hyper ...and yes i love the german evolution more as the beast and the best all are cheaper than the stigma knock-offs :)

Thats are my 2 centsto the theme :)

i now never ever buy a stigma - have sell all and buy the originals and happy with it ...the only what i would buy is "my own" halo .

cagelavey
10-05-2013, 11:11 AM
that's my point, machines can be similar in design, but one or two things can be different, or the same but just improved. that doesn't make it a Chinese knock off. if you get on with the machine you use and its not a carbon copy and complete rip off of another builders work, then there shouldn't be an issue. all 2 coil machines use the same exact concept, yet all do not run the same. however you don't get the distinction of whether it is a copy of Edison's design, lol. or call that machine a Chinese knock off because the components are the same. maybe cause the rotary "revolution" is so new in its conception the distinction is easier for people to make, I don't know. if it is built well that's all that matters.

ckjr
10-05-2013, 11:31 PM
I would say the originator of all these would have to be Dragonfly-they did not copy protect anything and threw there drawings on the web-which of course everybody uses it as a blueprint to success.
Of course DF did not event screws,cranks bearings etc etc. They used ideas cobbled from other industries to build a superior tattoo machine that had never been built. The mother of all invention is to utilise what has come before and improve and reinvent it.

I thought the bizarre v1 came out before the DF..... I could be wrong I just remember seeing stigma's before inkmachine's, but then again back then I only paid attention to stigma

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

slicksteel
10-06-2013, 01:03 AM
I think your right on that one ckjr-stigma has been around for a while and have a lot of machines that are not made anymore. On this I was referring to the whole front end.

fkirons
10-06-2013, 02:59 AM
The Bizarre 1 was the first machine I've seen with crank system. It also had give adjustment.
Dragonfly fallowed several years after with a streamlined the design based on the Bizarre mechanism and added the tensioner.

I have a Bizarre from when it first came out.

OwlsDen
10-06-2013, 07:05 AM
The Bizarre 1 was the first machine I've seen with crank system. It also had give adjustment.
Dragonfly fallowed several years after with a streamlined the design based on the Bizarre mechanism and added the tensioner.

I have a Bizarre from when it first came out.

If you ever want to part with that Bizarre, I don't know as I have anything you would want but I have always wanted one. I saw an Anil Gupta video a few years ago and he was doing a single needle portrait with one, I just knew that I needed to have one.

As for the crank, the Swiss has had a crank system but with an A-bar since 1998. Although a lot of other machines predate that even. I will say the Bizarre combined the crank and the slide and may be the first to do that.

Stigma did have some earlier machines that used a cut needle bar and set screw ( like a primitive beast ) and a very Swiss type machine as well. Both before the Bizarre. I believe they had names like Zodiac and Omega, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

The very first mass produced mechanism of the slide and crank is most likely a steam engine. Although that was all in reverse. Taking linear motion and turning it in to circular motion.