PDA

View Full Version : Centri Shakes, and Wobbles.

skinmech
06-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I just got a Centri in a Trade, I found it didn't work on Clippy, so I connected RCA...I fired it up abot 5v's and was surprised to find, that even at low volts, when I took my foot off the Gas, the Machine shook itself to a standstill, it was slightly wore at higher volts...So I followed the advice on the recent Video posted by Cyberitual..On opening the Centri, the first thing I noticed was a split mount, Please see the first pic, it looks like someone has adjusted the stroke too much, and split the mount, would this be the cause of the shudder, I would be grateful, if any Centri owner, would open there Machine, and tell me if the have this mount, as it is not there on the video, and at a glance, any idea why the Clippy connection isn't working....all info greatly appreciated...P.
10782 10784

Sage Oz
06-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Mike says on his video that he will upgrade the internals for free...

skinmech
06-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah I pmed Mike, but, it might be an easy fix..I don't like bugging people who are busy, when I might be able to fix it myself...

Wonderland
06-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Check to make sure one of the binding posts is not grounding right, just use a volt meter set to measure ohms and if you get needle swing it's grounded. That could be it, or maybe a bad solder joint too.

skinmech
06-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Check to make sure one of the binding posts is not grounding right, just use a volt meter set to measure ohms and if you get needle swing it's grounded. That could be it, or maybe a bad solder joint too.

Checked that, nothing at the Binding Posts...When I opened it up, some fluff, and what looked like Silver Paper fell out, so I don't want to Fuk with it....

asA
06-02-2012, 10:22 AM
The stroke adjuster looks like its supposed to. That rubber half circle pieces wedge againt eachother to press against the motor to give it less throw.

asA
06-02-2012, 10:23 AM
This machine wobbles and vibrates for a few seconds after you let off the gas. It feels like you've had too much coffee after using it with a lot of on and offs.. Haha it's really the biggest downfall of the machine. IMO.

skinmech
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Ok, I am understanding it a bit more now..... It is meant to be separated, so the two part rubber circle is like an expansion joint, if you close the joint, it will effect the stroke length, and force of hit..

JohnnyChaos
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
The solder joint doesn't look good on the binding posts. Maybe you've got a dry joint on one.

Cyberitual
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Your weight that is spinning on the bottom side will make the machine wobble as it come to a stop. it take about 1 second to stop, Not much but it will wobble and its completely normal. Read the PM and send it to me.

skinmech
06-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Yep,all is cool with the wobble, Mike explained it perfectly and now I fully understand.....Many thanks Mike, for taking time out for a full explanation, props and respect,P;)

Mike, looked at the pics I sent him, and without question, just said send it back to me..Remember, I got this in a trade, so it is second/third hand, didn't make a difference....I was totally blown away... Definitely goes into my Book...:D

elbo
06-02-2012, 12:43 PM
The wobble is quite cute aint it!....

Cyberitual
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM
It was all part of the design, helps put blood flow back into your hand when reaching for more ink. Im absoluty joking about that, there is nothing i can do about the wobble, If i was to put a something in the weights path to stop it on a dime it would damage the motor and not operate like its suppose to. The motor is free standing except for the foam cushion that steadies the stroke and keeps the motor verticle at a stand still. So when you realease the pedal or power the foam will stop the centrifigul force of the motor but spread the remaining force of the weight comming to a stop through out the whole centri. Its something i messed with to eliminate but in doing so you defeat the whole cause. I will post more info about all that in the new video thats not to visualy descriptive but more mentaly descriptive in all the workings and do's and dont's.

peter clements
06-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I think the machines been mucked about with, the inside looks filthy and Mike does not send them like that, also when using the Centri RCA is best, if you do use clipcord use one that has high tension or you will get current studder.