PDA

View Full Version : Special Technique Axis Carbon

Wonderland
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
So as some of you know I have the Special Technique Axis Carbon, awesome machine that is for sure. But I use RCA and it had clipcord posts. No biggie.

I also found that there is a slight wiggle with the carbon frame, not much mind you just a little too flexible for me. (Because im a crazy person, and no one should ever do this to such a lovely machine). So.... Being that I just happen to have a bunch of .125 carbon fiber lying around in my garage I made a new frame for it. I know, Crazy right!

Ok Here are the photos!

As you can see the new frame is quite a bit thicker, and a little more compact as well. Sorry if I made any one feel like I just molested a great machine. Because it is a great machine, but I just needed to have it be RCA. And I did not want to hack up the original frame just in case one day I go back to clipcord.

Sage Oz
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
So very cool...I woulda done the same thing lol

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

spoonertattoos
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
looks like you respected the intergity of the design. Good on you.

Wonderland
06-06-2012, 01:57 PM
So very cool...I woulda done the same thing lol

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...
Thank You!

Wonderland
06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
looks like you respected the intergity of the design. Good on you.

I did have grandiose plans at first, But in the end I really liked the simplicity of the original frame.

aurelien
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Wow very very cool ! You did well by not only altering it, but improving (at least for you). Great job ! It looks legit :)

Wonderland
06-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Wow very very cool ! You did well by not only altering it, but improving (at least for you). Great job ! It looks legit :)

Thank you, I will say that it feels a little more solid. I'm sure its all in my head though. :rolleyes: come to think of it there is a lot up in there that should never get out.