PDA

View Full Version : Disposable Large Mag Tubes

psych0ticmisfit
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Im looking to get some disposable large mag tubes. Like 23's or larger. Anyone ever use them or know where to find them?

asA
06-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Tatsoul has 25 and 49 or something like that.

gangstajay
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
yes tat soul..if not check with unimax

aurelien
06-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I used a few times disposable 39 and I must say, big disposables tend to suck big time on bigger sizes.

No Iron Machines
07-07-2012, 11:52 AM
in ITALY they start sale a new model, never see before, look good, becouse normally are not very well done the other on the market now

http://www.bodysupply.it/gripmonousoinsiliconef25dgrx25-p-2386.html

Administrator
07-07-2012, 04:04 PM
that is by far the nicest looking large mag disposables i have seen yet.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

No Iron Machines
07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
HA..HA... COOL....

the big problem on BIG MAGNUM DISPOSABLE is always the BACK STEM, i dono about tha one , hope they don strong

psych0ticmisfit
07-07-2012, 08:25 PM
I got the 25 mags from tatsoul. Will be using it tomorrow. Ill let you know how it works out.

psych0ticmisfit
07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
ok, so i used the 25 mag disposable today. It worked great! the back stem is nice and thick i cranked down tube vice and it didn't squish or break the back stem. all in all, worked perfectly.

TATsoul
07-09-2012, 09:43 PM
that is by far the nicest looking large mag disposables i have seen yet.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Cat's outta the bag! This is the WRATH SUPERMAG series. We did unveil it at the Ink-n-Iron in Long Beach.

We actually made the design - just finalizing on our patent. Without going into business details, we allowed our design to an Italian master distributor hence you see it out in Italy. We actually have stock but holding out the release date until end of this month or early next month. You will be seeing this everywhere under our Wrath brand in UK, Europe except Italy, Australia, and naturally North America. Will be the same smokey dark tint transluscent tip with our imported Japanese polymer and true silicone grip known on our Wrath Tubes.

If we get enought demand, we will make other tip sizes but will only offer this in 25Mag disposables to start. The quality and comfort of this is amazing. Here it is attached. We decided to change out the grey silicone vortex grips and will be in blood red color. =)

-Billy

Tat2dPinoy
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Cat's outta the bag! This is the WRATH SUPERMAG series. We did unveil it at the Ink-n-Iron in Long Beach.

We actually made the design - just finalizing on our patent. Without going into business details, we allowed our design to an Italian master distributor hence you see it out in Italy. We actually have stock but holding out the release date until end of this month or early next month. You will be seeing this everywhere under our Wrath brand in UK, Europe except Italy, Australia, and naturally North America. Will be the same smokey dark tint transluscent tip with our imported Japanese polymer and true silicone grip known on our Wrath Tubes.

If we get enought demand, we will make other tip sizes but will only offer this in 25Mag disposables to start. The quality and comfort of this is amazing. Here it is attached. We decided to change out the grey silicone vortex grips and will be in blood red color. =)

-Billy

Nice! Our shop uses TatSoul exclusively, love your products man

No Iron Machines
08-19-2012, 12:18 PM
HEY TATSOUL, can u please post a pic of the BACK STEM from this TUBE ?????? this is always the main problem on this king of tube

Blondan
08-20-2012, 03:46 AM
One solution I've found for the back stem on the big plastic tubes is a plastic needle runner before you squeeze the tube vice. Also is nice to have a light weight machine. Just in case some one already bought the tubes just like me. I thought it might help some one.

TATsoul
08-21-2012, 03:02 PM
HEY TATSOUL, can u please post a pic of the BACK STEM from this TUBE ?????? this is always the main problem on this king of tube

Hi No Irons, I'll post when I get a minute but the backstem has the slit like other larger mag tubes. Is there something that you are looking specifically for?

Administrator
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi No Irons, I'll post when I get a minute but the backstem has the slit like other larger mag tubes. Is there something that you are looking specifically for?

He may be concerned it is flimsy.

Blondan
08-22-2012, 05:57 AM
The problem I had was that no matter how much I was trying to close the tube vice because the tube has a section on the side, the edges were approaching to each other and the tube was spinning when I had my machine on one side. I don't know if it makes sense what I'm saying. I think he had the same problem. The solution I found for this problem is to put inside the tube a plastic needle runner so it prevents the tube to shrink its size when squeezed. Hope my explanation makes sense, if not I will post some pics if anyone is interested.

fkirons
08-22-2012, 11:43 AM

-Billy

Please make 23 mag!!!!! That's all I use! :) I think 23 it has more popularity than 25 these days. Suggestion in reply to the back stem topic: It would be nice if the back stem is a solid rod with the slot "carved in" for the needle bar. if it's a "cylindrical" hallow tube with a cut, it will be hard to clamp and will always move (as the tube will recess inwards when being pressed, especially with pinch vice systems like most coils machines have and some rotaries (that pinches the tube from the side) It may work fine with guillotine vise machines (where the tube is choked down/up) but it would be nice to see this tube working on everything because the design is really nice and streamlined. Exactly what I was looking for.

TATsoul
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We'll definitely look into this. We did go with a standard backstem with slit because it is a harder material than what is currently out there. It should be good to go but definitely very interested in the "carved" idea. Additionally, will look into the 23Mag config next Gaston!

Blondan
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Nice idea, I was thinking the back stem metal and the cut, but plastic is cheaper and it will be easier to dispose/recycle.

peter clements
08-23-2012, 03:01 PM
The backstem deffinitly needs to be solid,if that's sorted I look forward to these, I've no doubt they'll be excellent.

TATsoul
08-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Here's the picture of the backstem. It is a solid backstem with the slit. Very hard to flex since our plastic is a special imported dense Japanese polymer.

Blondan
08-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice, exactly what the marker needed. How much are roughly going for, money wise, if you can share the info of course.

TATsoul
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
In the US market, they'll run around 2 US dollars a pop. In europe and UK because of the stricter custom fees, etc. will run a little higher but don't know the exact price yet. Should be available in UK/europe within 3 or so months. We always delay launch there in case we need to make any tweaks, changes, etc.

fkirons
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Here's the picture of the backstem. It is a solid backstem with the slit. Very hard to flex since our plastic is a special imported dense Japanese polymer.

You Have nailed it my friend. Good minds think alike :). Now offer a version of all the tubes with needle for $2 and change and you have really put a few tube makers out of commission.
Almost as easy as a how needle with the advantage of disposing everything all together.
Hmmm too many ideas... And free :p

Eturnus
08-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Looks awesome never really used a mag that big. This makes me want to try them out.

Sage Oz
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Why not a curved tipped? I would think, especially for larger mags, that curved would be preferable for the majority by now. The physics of how skin bends to the pressure and how curved mags create more even needle depth is well documented, I'm really surprised that so many artists still use straight tips...

fkirons
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Why not a curved tipped? I would think, especially for larger mags, that curved would be preferable for the majority by now. The physics of how skin bends to the pressure and how curved mags create more even needle depth is well documented, I'm really surprised that so many artists still use straight tips...
Agree! I went back to straight mags for that reason. I feel I cannot take good advantage of the whole needle surface.

Sage Oz
08-24-2012, 04:32 AM
I curve and angle my mag needles(I solder my own shaders) and all my tubes are modded to have the same curve and angle...

peter clements
08-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I absolutely agree, a curve on the nozzle that matches the curve on the needle group. TATSOUL please take heed of this.

TATsoul
08-27-2012, 03:57 PM
It's funny you guys bring this up. We have considered this option months ago but have some politics to play in order to go through with this. Long story short, a "big name" in the industry brought this up to us but wanted his name on the brand and royalties, etc. So we have to see how this plays out. =( . Thanks for the suggestions though.

-Billy

Sage Oz
08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Does someone own a patent on curved mags?

Administrator
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I think its kinda one of those "Can't accept no solicited material" if you own or work for a record label. People will make claims that you took the idea from them.

Sage Oz
08-27-2012, 05:34 PM
It's so lame how peeps act like they are inventing things when really they're just trying to be first and take credit when there's so many that are already using the same idea or already have. I came up with wrapping paper towels around my grips on my own, but others had already been doing it. Same with folded paper towel squares instead of grommets, I had no idea that it was popular with some artists when I did it, i had never seen it before, but I didn't try to delude myself into believing I was the first and invented something. Great or at least good ideas are universal and it's just a matter of time until someone comes to the same logical conclusions...