PDA

View Full Version : Stigma bizarre question

coilless
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
First off, completely new to this site and to rotaries. Been using coils since 2004, and last month made the switch over. First and only rotary is the bizarre. Wouldn't mind picking your guy's and gal's brains on a couple questions I have. First my bizarre is leaving the tiniest(almost looks like black overspray on the frame) filings of plastic. Assuming something is rubbing and filing on the machine. Used the lube that Stigma provided and made sure all the components are properly lubed. Still having this issue, and wondering if anybody else has? My next question is more your opinions on the bizarre. Think I'm going to turn it into a black/grey and color blending machine, so far have been very happy with the results. Want to add to the arsenal, what would you recommend for a single pass liner, for pushing mostly 7's and 9's. Thanks for any of the info.

Kris

Sage Oz
06-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Best liner IMO and experience so far has been a Kubin mini cranker...

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Brian Russell
06-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Agreed with Sage on that one. Dan is great to deal with as well. As for the bizarre issue, I had that problem once too. In my case it was small bits of the grommet. Not sure what your setup is, but a lot of things may factor in there such as, do you open your needle loop a bit? How tight is the needle tensioner? Try a silicone grommet and see if it helps. Also, the shorter stroke excenter made a lot of difference and improved my black and grey dramatically. Hope this helps.

coilless
06-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the replies, Brian and sage. The needle loop is snug, but not overly tight, I do use Grommets that are made from synthetic rubber, who sells silicone? From what I have read on here Dan's mini cranker is the way to go. I was going to go with a long stroke excenter and see how it does with color packing, but I like your idea, of the short one. Thanks Again for the input, much appreciated.

tatu richie
06-11-2012, 10:56 AM
the rapier 2 is a good machine for lining

tugg
06-11-2012, 11:18 AM
bizarre works well for black and grey with the short excenter I've lined with it with the medium excenter and a bit of give with pretty good results but was thinking of trying the long excenter. I think it will line very well with the long stroke. A very well made mchine in my opinion

PAWNJOB
07-03-2012, 01:17 PM
The black dust is most likely from the O-rings on the needle tension system, which is crap in my opinion. There's a lot of friction there as those o-rings don't spin in unison w/ the motion of the needle bar. You'll see what I mean If you put a white dot on the side of one of the o-rings so as to observe the erratic spinning motions as it's operating, it will often spin in just one direction. I use rubber bands instead and now I get blk dust from the blk rubber bands rubbing on the springs. :)

Fatlad5
07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Could the black filings be from the stainless steel rod which sits under the piston, this might be sitting very slightly high and is rubbing on the underside of the piston, it's an easy fix...undo the allan screw head under the 'give' thumb screw and run the machine making sure the rod and piston are well lubed, retighten the Alan screw after a minute or two running the machine and it should be ok

why-bloc
08-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I almost always set up with 2 stigmas now and both have the same knack for eating through grommets like it's popcorn at the movies. It leaves a black rubber crumb material on the machine frame but it seems to fall away clear of any contact with the skin, so I just deal with it, watch for needle wobble and change grommets often...sometimes twice per machine during long sessions.

Eturnus
08-15-2012, 07:56 AM
I love my rapier II for lining. I line like a madman with it. Best part about it is that the adjustability is fixed so you dont have to fiddle with anything.