PDA

View Full Version : New "Old Timer" DD Rotary..

skinmech
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I know the British Builder of this Machine, and thought I would throw up some pics of his new designs...One of the issues that people were concerned with on the original" Old Timer" was the twine wrapped around the motor housing...The twine was wipeable, and was protected with a coating,however, the builder decided to put people fears to rest, and brought out this new Triple Brass Model....It is 30g heavier than the standard 260g Model, and I think it looks pretty good and it runs the same as the original....Machines pictured are the new Triple Black, and the Triple Brass....11103111041110511106

asA
06-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Looks much much cleaner.

elbo
06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Thats a nice looking machine....I wonder how well they line?...i did try a direct drive once but the side to side movement was a bit much for lining!..But that was a very old direct drive...

Bishopbyname
06-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I really liked the performance AND the look of the Old Timer but i'm not a fan of the lack of space for a grommet. I think having a grommet adds a little much needed dampening. Other than that it's a great machine at a great price.

fkirons
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Neat and simple. I wonder if that huge vise knob will interfere with you field view when tattooing

Bishopbyname
06-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Neat and simple. I wonder if that huge vise knob will interfere with you field view when tattooing

I haven't noticed it getting in the way. You'd pretty much have to be right behind your machine like you were looking straight down the length of your grip and if that was the case you wouldn't see the tip of your needle anyway. :)

skinmech
06-11-2012, 07:34 PM

Nope, not an issue....

@elbo..I don't like Lining with any Direct Drive Machine, I haven't the confidence/skill to lay a good solid line, I prefer a Linear motion..

slicksteel
06-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I love mine its the bees knees!