PDA

View Full Version : PS for RotaryWorks

dinks
06-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Just got a rotary works the other day, what a great build can't wait to try it out - only it doesn't work on my PS!
I've searched on here and the only two that seem to agree with the RW are Critical or Eikon, is there any other choice? I don't like the fact that Eikon is touch, and I'm not sure about the critical.. Would a CX1 work or would it be better going for the CX2?

Deakon
06-13-2012, 07:47 AM
What power supply do you have? It may be a case of sending your rotary works back in exchange for the different motor model. I think I recall dale saying something about it, have a search on here.

dinks
06-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Its just a crap Chinese one, my other PS blew a few months ago because the shop roof leaked so it messed my PS up and got a chinese one as a temp replacement, so I was looking to get a new PS anyways. I'm looking more to the Critical at the moment, but I'm not sure if I should go for the CX1 or CX2.. I messaged Dale yesterday, but I've had no response, he must be busy. I know he will get back to me at some point, I don't want to pester him too much

Stripe
06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
I have had the CX2 for anout a month now, I love it. It has alot of extra bells and whistles but it works great. It is a touch pad like the Eikon but the size makes it easy to put a bag over it so cleaning is easy. A review I read on the CX1 said it is the same thing but with out the extras. A guy I work with just ordered the CX1, I will be able to review them side by side soon. From the reviews I have read so far they preform the same. Another co-worker uses the Eikon with the dial, it is an older model and rotary machines don't work on it. They will work on the new ones and they do work real well. I think it just comes down to price. The CX1 is lowest and works good. If I could buy over again I would probably get the CX1.

Wonderland
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Here in the shop I supply the stations with power supplies, we have only Lab quality PS so I know we have clean power for all types of machines.

vodu
06-13-2012, 12:26 PM
i love my ems400, but the cx2 is awesome too

Barren
06-13-2012, 03:08 PM
i run a cx-2 and its awsome really consistant and a bottle bag drops over it worth every penny