PDA

View Full Version : My Current Top Draw

Richard Peel
06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Here is my current top draw, i use most of these machine daily, would have to say my favorite machine is Romans Handmade Evolution, use it mainly for colour but black and grey as well. The Rapier2 is the best all round liner although the Mini Evo turned up today so haven't had chance to see how it lines

chris-in-cali
06-14-2012, 08:03 PM
HOW DOES THE NEO-TAT COMPARE TO THE hm'S?

Richard Peel
06-14-2012, 09:43 PM
The HM have a much longer stroke as my Neo is the short 2.5mm Stroke Machine so cant directly compare i will say with the way I work I find the HMs, especially the Santa MAria,have the ability to hit a little softer making it a better grey shade machine, the evo is a lovely all rounder and i use this on most tattos. The Neo for me hits a little harder so i tend to use for colour packing/power lining with a loose round.

Roman HM tattoomachines
06-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Nice collection! I'm Glad you like your Machines!
Thanks, Roman

chris-in-cali
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM
cool man, that was some great info.
thanks for taking the time bro.
i was just wondering because a santa maria is next on my list and you told me exactly what i wanted to hear....lol

The HM have a much longer stroke as my Neo is the short 2.5mm Stroke Machine so cant directly compare i will say with the way I work I find the HMs, especially the Santa MAria,have the ability to hit a little softer making it a better grey shade machine, the evo is a lovely all rounder and i use this on most tattos. The Neo for me hits a little harder so i tend to use for colour packing/power lining with a loose round.

Richard Peel
06-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey no problem, i've been lucky enough to try quite a few machines over the last year and i have found that Romans suit my style more, in no way are the other machines i have bad I just found it took me a little longer to work out how to get the results i wanted from them, did these piece the other day. Mini Evolution with 5RL, Evo with Curved 13Mag and Santa Maria 11Mag Bugpin, the angel is only first sitting so needs further work but should give a good idea of machine quality

asA
06-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Arg. That skull koifish is my nightmare. .. people would bring in that design daily. I actually had the picture in my booth that had a sold out stamp over that design. Haha

Richard Peel
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM
ha ha yeah the guy bought the design off tattoo johnny i think and it had to be exactly as on the picture

Richard Peel
08-09-2012, 03:21 PM
So here are last months purchases, only missing the Spektra thanks to UK Customs, so who knows when i'll be seeing that. Also got an EGO on way be annoyed if that turns up before the Spektra ha ha

Administrator
08-09-2012, 03:28 PM
It may be time to amalgamate all your cases into one of these to hold the whole collection.

http://www.carryitcases.com.au/assets/images/rifle_cases.gif

Tat2dPinoy
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
how are you enjoying the InkJecta?

elbo
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Here is my current top draw, i use most of these machine daily, would have to say my favorite machine is Romans Handmade Evolution, use it mainly for colour but black and grey as well. The Rapier2 is the best all round liner although the Mini Evo turned up today so haven't had chance to see how it lines

Is that the scott hepworth carved dial that i once owned????

Richard Peel
08-09-2012, 09:46 PM
The Inkjecta is awesome my fav colour machine, not a big fan of it for grey shade unless it's a real large mag for background, but for colour i use it every day, I actually want another one but holding off to see how the EGO runs before I go on the hunt for a second. Thanks again

Hey Elbo could well be the very same, although I am about to let it go, has done me in good stead but bought an Emillion Machine at Manc Convention and I cant see me using it again, so may as well fund this rotary addiction i seem to have developed ha ha

Richard Peel
08-09-2012, 09:48 PM
As for the cases I fear that i might need to buy the big one and try and fill it

fkirons
08-09-2012, 11:44 PM
So here are last months purchases, only missing the Spektra thanks to UK Customs, so who knows when i'll be seeing that. Also got an EGO on way be annoyed if that turns up before the Spektra ha ha
Did you ever receive them man? Your stuff shipped already. keep me posted. I hate customs....:mad:

Richard Peel
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Hey, Unfortunately no it hasnt, I've tried chasing USPS but they pretty much dont get back to International Recipients, the tracking page simply states 'customs clearance' but nothing about being delivered so i'm guessing it's still held in customs. I'll let you know when they release it.
Cheers

thejackco
08-12-2012, 04:56 AM

Nice Collection!!!, How do you compare the rapier 2 vs the mini evo for 3 to 7 RL? I´m looking for the best one pass fine liner (other than spirit or thunder or minicranker) but if possible I want the minimum vibration and noise. Any advice?

Richard Peel
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks, To be honest it's a little hard to say, I probably use the rapier more for tight groupings and the Evo for looser grouped liners for power lining etc. I've had the rapier alot longer than the evo though so i've got my head around that machine more, weirdly enough i've been using the Santa Maria for alot of small lining and really like it, and that machine is meant for grey shading. I do rate both machines which is probably not what you want to hear but you can go wrong with either in my mind

Richard Peel
08-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Finally Customs have released my Spektra, fingers crossed should be with me by then end of the week

fkirons
08-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Finally Customs have released my Spektra, fingers crossed should be with me by then end of the week Yay!!!!!!!!:D

Richard Peel
08-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Yay indeed, got sick of waiting for the delivery company so went to depot to sorted out payment and pick it up, cant wait for tomorrow to try it out now cant believe how small it is, will let you know how it runs, already have a feeling that i will be ordering some more