PDA

View Full Version : american eagle direct drive

Mikeadamstattoo
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
i searched on here and saw that a few of you had these. someone gave this to me, and its all sorts of wacky. but what I'm wondering is, which way does the serial read?? with the machine right side up or upside down?

if i hold it right side up it says 016 but it could also be 910. can someone else let me know and compare??

Sage Oz
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
That thing is pretty beefy and industrial

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

slicksteel
06-14-2012, 09:40 PM
I believe that is the model number-there was alot of them but in very small batches,some had different sideplates and different chucks.

Wonderland
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Sweet I had no 10 and 11 when they were made. Sold them along time ago.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
ah right on. thanks for the info!

Wonderland
06-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh I forgot to add that I have one of the original eagle power supplies as well. Still works like a champ.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Oh I forgot to add that I have one of the original eagle power supplies as well. Still works like a champ.

nice!

fkirons
06-14-2012, 11:53 PM
curious to know who makes it.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM
curious to know who makes it.

im not sure. someone gave it to me, and one day a friend was over and i was like "dude check out how huge this rotary is" and he replied with "holy shit thats an eagle one rotary! they're from the early 90's" and thats all i know about it.

Wonderland
06-15-2012, 08:22 AM
I wish I could remember his name, but for the life of me I can't. He sold his first batches at the Detroit tattoo convention back around 94 if memory serves me right when it was at the double tree hotel in novi. I bought two from him and he had a power supply as well to run them. I had actually cut the frame on mine and rounded the tube vice on the bottom as well. Showed it to home the following year and he called them the baby eagle ha ha ha. He made some white derlin cams for them as well as the brass in different offsets as well. I will look on the ps when I get to work and see if there is any sticker on it and I will post a photo here later today.

Wonderland
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Frank J. Bianco is who built the eagle one rotaries and power supplies. here's a couple of photos of his power supply that I have.

your machine looks to be one of the early ones so i would hazard a guess that it is no. 016, in other models he knocked the corners off the tube vice on the bottom so it would not dig in to the top of your hand.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I wish I could remember his name, but for the life of me I can't. He sold his first batches at the Detroit tattoo convention back around 94 if memory serves me right when it was at the double tree hotel in novi. I bought two from him and he had a power supply as well to run them. I had actually cut the frame on mine and rounded the tube vice on the bottom as well. Showed it to home the following year and he called them the baby eagle ha ha ha. He made some white derlin cams for them as well as the brass in different offsets as well. I will look on the ps when I get to work and see if there is any sticker on it and I will post a photo here later today.

Awesome. I have one of the white cams too!

peter clements
06-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Frank J. Bianco is who built the eagle one rotaries and power supplies. here's a couple of photos of his power supply that I have.

Fascinating, what became of this guy, and what are the machines like to use?

Mikeadamstattoo
06-15-2012, 01:52 PM

i tried to look up his name anywhere. couldnt find anything. the stroke on the cam is REALLY short and not freespinning at all. its weird. ive never used it, i just have it on display with my other tattoo antiques/memories. but from what i gathered these were the jam back in the day.

Wonderland
06-15-2012, 03:21 PM

I dont really know where he disappeared too. His machines were nice to color with but lining was a bit of a bear with them due to being a direct drive rotary. I did like them... But got tired of replacing the cams as they were a solid cam with no bearing.

gangstajay
06-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I own one of these,the motor is off set and uses te gear box on the front..and it is a DD but it is the type that you open the loop and slide it over..works better with a paper towel. I tried tattooing with it.. didn't care for it myself