PDA

View Full Version : Centri, earlie riview.

Stripe
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
I received my Centri today via UPS. Can't tell ya all how excited I was. Met the driver at the truck before he could get in the door to the shop. I know with any new machine there is a learning curve so I couldn't expect to jump on it and do the stuff I am use to doing right away. First hump to get past is how the needle sits in the tube. Took a few minutes to figure that out. Hard to explain but since it pulls back as well as pushing forward of center it can't be set up like any machine I've worked with before. A little frustrating but no big deal, hump concurred. Then the power setting to use it at. Different power settings change the stroke, took me by surprise. Wasn't sure what to make of it but I think I can see the usefulness of it. (any advice on how anyone else sets their power could be helpful)

The thing I am most impressed with and wanted more then anything about it is the way the machine sits on a tube. It goes up. After working with Neumas for the past few years I got very use to having all the weight going up and the tube/cord going up. I really like my Neo Tats but the weight is hanging off the back and the cord drags behind the machine and throws off the weight. I didn't know I hated the back weight and cord off the back till I went back to it. I thing I need to make something to point my cord up on the NeoTat.

Anyway, I re-colored in a small 9yo butterfly with it first. What should have been a 10-15 min took 5min. I was disappointed cause I really wanted to play with it more. I used a 7mag and it pushed the color in like a dream. Later I got to do a second sitting on a black and gray lion. Used a 9mag this time and I was able to get smooth gray shading in with little to no effort. I had the apt scheduled for 3 hours but again took less time then I expected, less then 2hrs.
This thing is great so far. Got a 10+ hour eagle/flag half sleeve to do tomorrow. I'll let ya all know how that goes.

serial1313
06-17-2012, 03:09 AM
Hey, Cyberritual. I e-mailed you asking what your inventory was down to now. As far as how many of what colors do you have left. I haven't got a responce so I thought I would try getting in touch with you here. My e-mail is [email protected].