PDA

View Full Version : what ive been using

Mikeadamstattoo
06-16-2012, 05:49 PM
not trying to shamelessly self promote or anything, but heres my current line up. 3 rotary shaders hand made by me, and 3 coil liners hand made by me as well.

Wonderland
06-16-2012, 06:38 PM
sweet machines. love the look

scottrallen
06-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Very nice line up. Was wondering what your thoughts on whip shading are...direct drive or armature style rotary? Your's and Lenert's whip shading is some of the best that I've seen using rotary's.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Very nice line up. Was wondering what your thoughts on whip shading are...direct drive or armature style rotary? Your's and Lenert's whip shading is some of the best that I've seen using rotary's.

i mostly use my armature bar ones, but i swap out for direct drives often too. i use the same motors and its the same stroke length, so i like both. i do know that lenert has been using the direct drive he got from me for every tattoo since he got it.

if you follow josh stephens or lain (tron) tongoy they use my direct drives for all their tattoos too.

Mikeadamstattoo
06-16-2012, 09:41 PM
sweet machines. love the look

thanks man. I've been building since i started my apprenticeship a little over 5 years ago. i was always really influenced by antiques and old looking things, so i try to make my builds look as gnarly and crusty as possible

scottrallen
06-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info, man. I really appreciate it! And yeah, I really dig that look too. Makes em look like they have been put through many years of use and abuse!

Mikeadamstattoo
06-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the info, man. I really appreciate it! And yeah, I really dig that look too. Makes em look like they have been put through many years of use and abuse!

i just discovered patina. now i can make them look like they've been submerged in a shipwreck for 100 years!!!

Lenert
06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
What a stuff..!!! Yes I use only Mike's direct drive since I got it because it's the best rotary ever ,))) Still wondering what makes the difference...

Mikeadamstattoo
06-18-2012, 01:09 AM
What a stuff..!!! Yes I use only Mike's direct drive since I got it because it's the best rotary ever ,))) Still wondering what makes the difference...
thanks man!

wonder_glasses
06-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Love the look on them! might have to buy a machine from you someday

thesmokingmirror
06-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Cool machines and your tattoos are badass, its nice to know what your using and that you made them yourself