PDA

View Full Version : cover up done with NEO-TATS

gangstajay
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
1230So she wanted to cover up a RIP tattoo, but just the name and the in memory of..so wolla ..lol used neo tat long stroke for outline and mid stroke for color

slicksteel
01-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice rework!

peter clements
01-20-2011, 02:26 PM
That's a nice neat solid job. By the way I really like the lettering on the "Before After" on the photograph-is it a specific font?

merky
01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
nice cover

gangstajay
01-20-2011, 03:27 PM
yes you can get it from www.dafont.com (http://www.dafont.com) called vtc-nue tattoo script, there is also vtc-bad tattoo hand.. I use them all the time

and thanks everyone.. dont know why she wanted to cover the rip stuff.. but hey

peter clements
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
yes you can get it from www.dafont.com (http://www.dafont.com) called vtc-nue tattoo script, there is also vtc-bad tattoo hand.. I use them all the time

That's great,I love using Dafont,so many thanks for that.

Administrator
01-21-2011, 01:36 PM
One thing to keep in mind with Dafont, if you are using it to make a simple script stencil for a client always double and triple check the print out. Many of the designers who put out free fonts will make errors in the kerning or spacing of the letters to some will appear with a bigger space between them then they should. This is done because they put it out for free and want you to work a little if you are a pro using their stuff getting paid and using it on a billboard or something.

Its usually a simple re trace.
Or cut and paste and manually slide the photocopy of the letters together.
Or If you know how to adjust kerning in photoshop or illustrator you can fix it that way.

Basically you want a nice flow or rhythm between them without it looking "L ike Th is."

peter clements
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
One thing to keep in mind with Dafont, if you are using it to make a simple script stencil for a client always double and triple check the print out. Many of the designers who put out free fonts will make errors in the kerning or spacing of the letters to some will appear with a bigger space between them then they should. This is done because they put it out for free and want you to work a little if you are a pro using their stuff getting paid and using it on a billboard or something.

Its usually a simple re trace.
Or cut and paste and manually slide the photocopy of the letters together.
Or If you know how to adjust kerning in photoshop or illustrator you can fix it that way.

Basically you want a nice flow or rhythm between them without it looking "L ike Th is."

Yes what you say is very relevant. I also like a font called "Brock script", what I tend to do when let's say I'm doing an upward curving phrase for the chest. I'll first prep it using wordart in microsoft word. I then use the printout as a template retracing the entire thing and adding subtleties ,I usually add a little of that chicano style filigree to it aswell, without going too far.

Administrator
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Doin' it right Peter! :)

gangstajay
01-21-2011, 08:34 PM
i use photo shop whe I do all my lettering that whay i can move and crop and do what ever I like..but thats good info

Administrator
01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Not all the fonts are like that. Some of the creators are nice enough to let you know in the little notes on the font when you download it. Always read the little not pad thing in the zip file you may be surprised what they tell you.