PDA

View Full Version : Neotat Vivace 4.2 .. first impressions

ben666
06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey all,

After a very successful 3 way trade with G.Graves and Aurelien I recently got my hands on my new Neotat Vivace 4.2 stroke.

I've only done 3 smallish tattoos with it so far but here's my little review:

After getting my original cheyenne hawk a month or so ago I am pretty stoked on it for my colour needs ... and although I have actually had some great results with it for lining it just didn't seem to have that special feel with linework which I look for.
With that in mind I was looking forward to testing the Vivace's capability as a liner.

Saturdays tattoo was a rework of a smallish existing piece which had a blue ring of blowout around the whole piece..... As the client had 3 tattoos which were all blown out I was understandaby cautious.... I am definitely more of a surfacey line sculpter than an old school single pass dude so I popped on a tight 7RL and immediately got the tidy, effortless lines I was looking for without doing any excess trauma to the skin ... I then broke out an 11 mag and proceeded to disguise the faint ring of blowout with some bright pink background ... as with the linework the colour went in almost effortlessly and made me remember why I'd loved my original LS neotat.

Today I did another 2 tattoos... one was a simple 8x8cm peace symbol... I used loose 9RL to line and the Vivace pushed in the lines pretty much solidly in single passes, with me having only to repass 1 or 2 small areas... I then used a 9RS for the solid black fill.... as soon as I began I almost changed up for a larger mag or RS to speed up the process ..but being a little lazy (and wishing to save myself scrubbing another tip) I stuck with the 9RS and it made the job quicker and easler than I expected from a grouping which was a little small for the tattoo.

This afternoon I reworked some old black roman numerals ... adding in a cracked stone / 3D effect in Black and grey ... I used my next gen shader for the mag work but again tried something else with the Vivace and used it for some fine detailed black and grey linework and white highlights using an extra tight 3 ..... again the machine did everything I asked it to almost effortlessly.

So far my verdict is this: I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!! ..The weight is perfectly balanced with my acetol and morphix grips and the machine runs smooth and puts in a banging line! .... all it needs to do now is push 14 Liners like butter too and I think my machine lineup will be set in stone for a while!

Stripe
06-18-2012, 10:55 PM
My Vivace 4.2 makes a great liner. It is smooth, clean and very precise. The med stroke also does good lines, seems better with the larger liners like 9 and 14...

sneetch
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spots with my 3.5 Vivace - what are you folks running it at for lining and shading? Anyone using an Eikon power supply with it?
thanks!

Stripe
06-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spots with my 3.5 Vivace - what are you folks running it at for lining and shading? Anyone using an Eikon power supply with it?
thanks!
I've been lining in the high 8-low 9v range with the 3.5. If I am doing solid coloer I pump it up to 9.5-6v but that is on a 4.2. I didn't have any luck coloring with a 3.5. That is on a Critical CX-2.

nivek
06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
I've been lining in the high 8-low 9v range with the 3.5. If I am doing solid coloer I pump it up to 9.5-6v but that is on a 4.2. I didn't have any luck coloring with a 3.5. That is on a Critical CX-2.

almost exactly the same. I use my 2.8 or preferably my Neds for color and Injeckta for Black and Grey - LOOOVE my 3.5 for lining

flatline
10-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Can't wait to get my 4.2 in. Ordered a purple one last week! Killing me that it takes so long to get! But I wanted a specific color this time, so thats what it takes.

(Opted Out)
10-31-2012, 11:34 AM
3.5 is awesome for colour!! I work fast so run mine about 10-10.5 but it works awesome for packing like that..