PDA

View Full Version : Dove done with Bishop and Vivace

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-21-2012, 03:39 AM
So, we just got the stencil on and I started in on the linework when the transformer for our block blew. I literally had the hard line on the right side of the wing done when the power went out. Right past the point of no return! My power supply still had juice due to the battery backup it is plugged into. So I plugged in a lamp and tried to get the outline finished just in case the power didn't come back on tonight. I got the tail feathers and the right wing done when my battery backup ran out of juice. We waited around for 3 1/2 hours before the power FINALLY came back on. So at 9:15pm we got started again. Oh, the joys of Costa Rica....

Anyhow, I decided I was going to try a somewhat softer approach with this peice. A lot in this piece was lined with washes instead of pure black in hopes it would appear soft. This is one of the first pieces I have attempted like this, so constructive criticism is welcome.

Vivace 3.5- 9mag bugpin (9.5v)
Bishop Capo 4.2- 7rl (9v)

Sage Oz
06-21-2012, 03:57 AM
That's awesome, I'm glad you're experimenting more with tones and line weight it's making a difference for sure. Great job of adding depth. You can always add more selectively placed outline...

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

Sage Oz
06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
How are you diggin the new capo?
I just got a green centri and it's sick!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

vodu
06-21-2012, 05:17 AM
cool piece mate

Wonderland
06-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Nice work, a little darker shading in a few areas would be nice to see. Nice lines too

DiarrheaSuitcase
06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for some of the feedback. I appreciate it. Truthfully, the piece didn't quite turn out like i was expecting it to. In my mind, it was going to be AMAZING!! But that didn't happen, lol. Obviously, I'm still learning... and have a ways to go still. By what I hear, learning to tattoo is a process...

Where should I have put more black? I was affraid to use it because I still wanted the dove to appear white.

I'm really liking the Capo for lining. I did a more sketch-type, line building approach this time. This definitely helps me keep the right depth. Single pass with a lot of hang is hard for me. I begin to lose where the tip is at and end up with weak or to deep of lines. Plus, the building feels more like a pencil or pen to me.

I haven't heard from you Evlink2006. Although it is hard to hear at times, I appreciate your blunt honesty. This is a new approach that I obviously need some help in. I'd like to hear from you. What could have been done better, where did I drop the ball? Is there anything that was done well? If anyone else has suggestions too, I'm all ears! Thanks